Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nice Kiwi GT4 for sale on Trademe
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Quidam
Great price too. Any Kiwi's looking to move into some GT4 goodness should check it out I reckon!

brento_bot
DEAR GOD!!!!

Any idea what it would take to get that bought over and registered in Aus?
delusionz
Yeah I think you'd have to live here for a few years and bring it over as a personal possession. that means you'd need to stay long enough to get permanent residence and your license etc

I saw that too, nice btw.
delusionz
Hows things going with yours Quidam? It's been a while since I've heard anything from you.

I've recently replaced all my oem speakers with Sony 6.5" 2-ways, and a few electronics mods... Like OEM switches from other Toyotas that fit in the blank squares under the steering wheel to control things like boost, on/off for radar detector, and on/off extra lighting.
Rusty
you should look for the NZ gt4 33,000kms & in leather smile.gif
SwissFerdi
That thing is cleannnnnn. Somebody give that a good home!
Quidam
QUOTE (brento_bot @ Feb 16, 2010 - 3:13 AM) *
DEAR GOD!!!!

Hi. Can't tell you about NZ to Aus, but here's some info on Oz to NZ -I imagine it wouldn't be that different the other way around.

Sounds like the biggest challenge is whether the vehicle meets the current emmision laws of your country or not.

Given the high price of GT4's in Australia, I think that if it was possible, it would actually be worth it
Quidam
QUOTE (delusionz @ Feb 16, 2010 - 6:35 AM) *
Hows things going with yours Quidam? It's been a while since I've heard anything from you.

I've recently replaced all my oem speakers with Sony 6.5" 2-ways, and a few electronics mods... Like OEM switches from other Toyotas that fit in the blank squares under the steering wheel to control things like boost, on/off for radar detector, and on/off extra lighting.

Hi dude, yeah I guess after the initial enthusiasm of being a GT4 owner wore off I kind of stopped logging on to this website, which is not to say I don't love my GT4, I do. It still puts a big smile on my face every time I drive it. Actually the main thing that bugs me about this car is that I can't help driving it fast, and perhaps more aggresively than I should -espcially on the Wainui Hill where there is always someone who wants to race me. I'm thinking of changing my custom plates to something more appropriate as I really shouldn't be driving like that with what are effectively business plates lol

hope you are well,
Cheers
Bruce

Quidam
QUOTE (Rusty @ Feb 16, 2010 - 12:43 PM) *
you should look for the NZ gt4 33,000kms & in leather smile.gif

Hey Rusty, yeah that GT4 has been up for sale for ages. I agree it would be the car to get as a true collectors piece, but right now, I can't help but feel it is slightly over-priced. Actually there is another almost identical GT4 (incl leather) with about 55K's for about 5 grand less.

FYI for all the other readers, here's the car Rusty is talking about and here's the one I think is a better deal

Honestly, I've even contemplated trading my 2004 NZ new MX5 factory turbo on the first GT4 (as its sold by a dealer) but there were only 15 of these 5's sold new in NZ and are all but impossible to get now, even rarer than the GT4
kmad86
I want one
delusionz
I dont understand how we got NZ new models in 1997. Especially since these are unique to NZ and they aren't the one of the 5 Aussie-spec Group A Rallye that came in 1994.

That combination of 1997, RHD, 280 Km/h speedo means it cant be Aussie, Japan or UK, the only other GT-Fours like this are European and they are LHD.

Now I see we have atleast 2 of them, So far both in Silver!!
kezza-q
QUOTE (Quidam @ Feb 16, 2010 - 1:56 PM) *
QUOTE (brento_bot @ Feb 16, 2010 - 3:13 AM) *
DEAR GOD!!!!

Hi. Can't tell you about NZ to Aus, but here's some info on Oz to NZ -I imagine it wouldn't be that different the other way around.

Sounds like the biggest challenge is whether the vehicle meets the current emmision laws of your country or not.

Given the high price of GT4's in Australia, I think that if it was possible, it would actually be worth it

As someone who has just done this (or supposedly, still no car to show for it) Australian officials don't like imports, part of protecting Ford, Holden and Mitsi factories over here. That means you have to have owned, and LIVED, in the same country as the car, for 12 months. They want copies of your passport and ownership docs, if you owned the car for 13 months but spent 6 weeks on holiday in Europe then it is no dice. Seriously, they almost stopped my brother-in-law importing his Evo 9 because he was cutting it close.

On top of that, the compliance etc on mine is looking at running close to A$5k (granted it's modified but a good portion of the costs are still relevant) plus you pay Duty and GST on the value that Australian officials put on the car. The car arrived in the country Dec 3rd and I have seen it once but yet to drive it, it's a slow, complicated process.

Moral of the story, entertain this idea only at your own risk, with deep pockets and a love for filling out forms multiple times. You might as well just buy mine.

delusionz
Yup it could get very expensive for a Jap import. Here is the thing...

As with Evos and WRXs, Because they are so expensive in Australia, they are babied, regularly serviced and well maintained.

Jap imports in NZ because they are so cheap have been owned by several owners, thrashed, not maintained, overall quality is close to rubbish.

Add the piling cost of repairs to an NZ Ex-Japan GT-Four + the cost and hassle of getting your car over there, Living and working in NZ on our lower wage economy for a whole year.. You start to see where this will add up, Now how much does an Aus-spec GT-Four Group A Rallye go for? Or even an Ex-Japan GT-Four previously imported directly to Australia? These will be in far superior condition mechanically, not to mention the Aus-spec is a WRC special edition.
garin
QUOTE (Quidam @ Feb 16, 2010 - 2:03 AM) *
Great price too. Any Kiwi's looking to move into some GT4 goodness should check it out I reckon!

shes good lookin, although, needs more tire to fill in da space!
delusionz
The black is really nice, but it makes the amber indicators look hideous.. Definitely needs clears. They dont seem so like such an eye sore on a white gt4.
garin
QUOTE (delusionz @ Feb 16, 2010 - 8:41 PM) *
The black is really nice, but it makes the amber indicators look hideous.. Definitely needs clears. They dont seem so like such an eye sore on a white gt4.

wow you are right. I AGREE! Lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.