Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: E-Brake light
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
drumbum
Today when i started driving my car it was fine. But after i went out and went on another trip right away i noticed that when I shift the e-brake light comes on. Also when i came to stop lights and downshifted it would do the same. (By the way the e-break was down the whole time) Does anyone no what could possibly be doing this and if it is a cheap fix.
hurley97
Your brake fluid is low.
Espo
Or, your brake pads are going. I drove my '94 last year an entire winter with that light on...then my rotor started grinding against my caliper. "Oh, so that's what that light meant!"

Don't ask me how/why Toyota did it.
nics
QUOTE (hurley97 @ Mar 11, 2010 - 5:34 PM) *
Your brake fluid is low.

fixed wink.gif
drumbum
They checked my pads and told me there was a lot of life left and checked the lines and they were alright......

Are you Normally supposed to get low on break fluid?

But they told me my front axel or cv joints needed to be replaced ...... Did that and it feels like a new car the handling is really good now and it feels like it grabs right away when i lift on the clutch and hit on the gas but thats 400 bucks later.......... Kinda puttin me back on gettin wheels, a sound system and lowering it a little. frown.gif

Now they told me the front vibration that I hear is one of the motormounts. I asked about that on a different post but.........

Why was my breakfluid extreamly low?????? i was wondering if they missed something when they were checking my car out

Thanks
nics
just fill it!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.