Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What exhaust to get?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Scosh
Hey guys, I just got my 1998 Celica GT today. It is completely stock and I was wondering what kind of exhaust to get. I want a nice rumble and not too loud. Ive tried looking it up, but I can not find anything. Any help guys/girls?

Thanks
TerBeau
QUOTE (Scosh @ Mar 13, 2010 - 11:38 PM) *
Hey guys, I just got my 1998 Celica GT today. It is completely stock and I was wondering what kind of exhaust to get. I want a nice rumble and not too loud. Ive tried looking it up, but I can not find anything. Any help guys/girls?

Thanks

i drove a tiburon the other day with a borla system. omg sounded perfectttttt!!! not ricey or loud just deep and had a throaghty soundd
Scosh
You think it would sound good on the GT?
TerBeau
QUOTE (Scosh @ Mar 13, 2010 - 10:46 PM) *
You think it would sound good on the GT?

heck yesss. u want a dual or single exhaust. like not the tip but the actual piping. cuz the tiburons have dual pipes so it may sound lil deeper that way too. but its deff a what i want to do with my 96 ltd ed. celica when im done smile.gif but its quite pricy i think
Scosh
I will be staying with single, going dual will cost more for the extra piping wink.gif
TerBeau
QUOTE (Scosh @ Mar 13, 2010 - 10:55 PM) *
I will be staying with single, going dual will cost more for the extra piping wink.gif

\

thats true.. well get the right borla set up im sor ut will sounds awsome.. youtube some up see how they sound let me know what u think
Scosh
I like it, from the videos I have watched seems like its close to stock but has a nice rumble to it. I think Ill go with borla.
BonzaiCelica
I'm have a vid of my magnaflow exhaust if you want the link.

also going to make another vid with my stock header with same exhaust that I have on right now...
TerBeau
QUOTE (Scosh @ Mar 13, 2010 - 11:09 PM) *
I like it, from the videos I have watched seems like its close to stock but has a nice rumble to it. I think Ill go with borla.

oh yea nice rumble!!! (indeed) thevids dontdo it justice. and yes they look almost like stock tips onthere but i like that better than the fart can!! (like i have on my 94 celi) lol . let me know how it goes and pricing on it. keep updated.
Scosh
QUOTE (BonzaiCelica @ Mar 14, 2010 - 4:23 AM) *

also going to make another vid with my stock header with same exhaust that I have on right now...

I would like to hear it, what's the link? smile.gif
BonzaiCelica
QUOTE (Scosh @ Mar 14, 2010 - 12:07 PM) *
QUOTE (BonzaiCelica @ Mar 14, 2010 - 4:23 AM) *

I would like to hear it, what's the link? smile.gif

exhuast set up is as follows : Celica ST with 7afe engine, ebay header with 2.0" outlet to magnaflow 2.25" high flow cat, and magnaflow exhaust

http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showto...amp;hl=official exhaust&st=180
SpardaXVII
Here's a video of my cars exhaust setup, let me know if you have any questions. biggrin.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UY7zh-sIYQ
BonzaiCelica
QUOTE (Edophus @ Mar 19, 2010 - 5:34 PM) *
QUOTE (Rusty @ Mar 19, 2010 - 9:53 PM) *
you mean this part?
Includes helycal L.S.D. model

yeah on superstrut models was an e56 gearbox with viscous lsd up to august 95, then it became an s54 gearbox with helical lsd.

wow what was that! step on the gas pedal
808celica
Greddy Trust SP1
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.