Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need some help!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
mandrek
OK, hey im in the proccess of pulling out my 7afe auto (broken rod/piston on number 3) i have the hayens manual and have done a number of searches on this forum, ihave looked at many "swap"threads, and nothing i have tryed has allowed me to "just pull out the axles"

front knuckles are off,
lower control arms are off
axles are hanging (being suspended w/ some rope)

ive had seafoam's deepcreep sprayed down the back (between the axle and the diff)
ive tryed the manuals suggestion of using a prybar to gently seporate the axle from the diff, wich only resulted with it slipping off and damaging the boot.
ive tryed 'just pull them straight out" as suggested by a few on the threads i pulled up wile doing a search.. there was some play but the axles definatly did not pull out, and i was affrade of seperating the axle from its base (feels like there is no stop twords the front of the axle as i pull back)

any help would be greatly apriciated

also how are you all getting to the back motor mount? i can get all but that one unbolted....

plz help!!! rolleyes.gif kindasad.gif frown.gif mad.gif
cyberblader1130
When i took my axles out of my 5fse i used a prybar on the backside of the axle and wedged it in there. I gave it one good push and it popped right out, it can take some muscle to do it btw. (I was installing new ones so i actually kicked the prybar out of anger and the axle came out.)I wouldn't suggest doing this unless you are replacing your axles.
The reason for that is on the end of the axle that goes into the differential, there is a small snap ring that expands and holds it into place.
If that doesn't work, try rotating the axle a little bit, pry on it, then rotate some more until you find the right spot. Just keep at it and it should come out, you don't want to pull on it too much as it can come apart. kindasad.gif
It happened to me the first time i pulled mine out and lithium grease spilled all over.

As for the motor mount, i can't help ya there. sorry. frown.gif
Hope this helps!
soulshadow
Back motor mount. There is a locking nut holding the bolt in for the rear so you need a wrench stuck in place ( Check to see if there is one depends on certain models) to hold that nut and then using a drive extension ( bolt is 17MM i think) reach it out all the way pass your drivers wheel and turn the bolt by hand, use a jack stand to hold the extension in place if you don't have steady hands (Easier if you had an impact gun). That's the fastest way to do it if you don't want to get dirty.
mandrek
thanx for all the help guys!! smile.gif unfortunatly i was still not able to remove any of the axles, ima try to get the motor out with them still attached, but its a tight fit.. i think what i may do is remove the boot from the inner CV-joint and just pull it out and leave the splined end in the diff (just to pull it out of the car) and then just reclamp it after i get the splined end out, i FINALY have it ready and almost out.. damn.. 15 year old car is a bitch to get out w/o breaking and bolts or messing up any threads. lol SEAFOAM's DEEP CREEP FTW!!!! i LOVE that Stuff!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.