Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WRC Water Injectors on front crash bar????
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Tech-Nics
When I got my GT-Four bumper I thought it was an ordinary GT-Four front bumper until I noticed there was injectors in the inner side of the crash bar. At first I did't even know what the hell those were for. So I just left them in and installed my bumper. Just recently I was looking around and I came over the information I was looking for regarding it. Apparently the WRC versions came with a "Intercooler spray" that is built onto the inside of the crashbar. This is where I got the info from:

http://www.gtfours.co.uk/what/wrc/list/wrc_goodies_list.htm - Apparently it was supposed to connect to the headlight spray unit, but that confuses me cause I thought that the head light spray was only offered on EDM model Celicas & wasen't the WRC versions only released in JDM?

The site mentioned above doesn't really explain enough to me about this feature. If there is someone who knows more can you please explain more about this? I mean there are three water injectors were does it spray the water too?

Here isa crash bar RPMGarage has for sale with the same feature: http://rpmgarage.com/new/detail/?tid=14894

Thanks for any info thrown my way.
_Jim_
In a proper working setup, the pump gets power with a pressure switch. Once the desired boost pressure for activation of the pump is made, the pump turns on forcing water threw the injectors/sprayers on the back side of your crash bar, cooling your heat -exchanger/intercooler with a fine mist of water.
delusionz
Boy do you have alot of reading to do, first on the regular GT-Four, and then the GT-Four WRC, then the countries they went to.

Headlight sprays (similarly the hood spoiler too) are a WRC feature, and also an Export feature.

ST202 and ST205 sold outside of Japan have alot of goodies you would only expect on a JDM GT-Four WRC.

It's nothing like the AT200 and the ST204 which are more like domestic cars for USA, Australia and New Zealand.

Here is a link to some more gt4wrc technical reads
Johnnyny
kinda off topic but on there http://gtfour.supras.org.nz/homologation.htm they talk about the anti lag system anyone activated it just curious
XS1V
I have activated the spray bar and have now got the water injection working using all the factory bits, only the antilag left to do smile.gif

Lots of people believe the parts are all dummies, they are not and just need some tweaking to get them all going wink.gif

Brad
Penkka
QUOTE (XS1V @ Apr 22, 2010 - 3:21 PM) *
I have activated the spray bar and water injection now working on the antilag. Lots of people believe the parts are all dummies, they are not and just need some tweaking to get them all going wink.gif

Brad

could you write up about activating the spray bar?
_Jim_
the spray bar is simple, you just need to wire a pump off of a pressure switch to activate the pump with the onset of boost. The nozzles are functional, and all the plumbing is there. It is very easy to activate the sprayer system, I did it on my car.

The antilag system will take some thinking...GL and let us know how you make out.
Penkka
QUOTE (_Jim_ @ Apr 23, 2010 - 7:29 AM) *
the spray bar is simple, you just need to wire a pump off of a pressure switch to activate the pump with the onset of boost. The nozzles are functional, and all the plumbing is there. It is very easy to activate the sprayer system, I did it on my car.

The antilag system will take some thinking...GL and let us know how you make out.

So I need to buy a pressure switch/valve and and connect it to (?) something that puts pressure to the nozzles when on boost?
_Jim_
It will work the same as a Water Injection system. The pressure switch/valve sends a power source to a pump, which activates the pump. Then, from the pump you connect rubber line to nozzles that end in your bumper pointed at the heat exchanger/IC.

Think of how your window washers work...same thing, but instead of pushing a button to activate the pump, you use a pressure switch.
schmooot
my wrc has the spray bar but no headlight sprayers.....dunno why
azian_advanced
headlight washers were only available on European models
nammer
QUOTE (_Jim_ @ Apr 23, 2010 - 12:19 PM) *
It will work the same as a Water Injection system. The pressure switch/valve sends a power source to a pump, which activates the pump. Then, from the pump you connect rubber line to nozzles that end in your bumper pointed at the heat exchanger/IC.

Think of how your window washers work...same thing, but instead of pushing a button to activate the pump, you use a pressure switch.

is there a functional pump that is inactive in the wrc's? or would I need to get another pump, some rubber hosing, and wire that pump so that when the water injection kit's pump gets power at a certain boost setting, the pump for the heat exchanger/IC also gets power...
presure2
on the WRC's there is an extra pump attached to the WW tank.
nammer
QUOTE (presure2 @ Aug 15, 2010 - 5:26 AM) *
on the WRC's there is an extra pump attached to the WW tank.

thanks! I'll look for this pump...I'm guessing I'd have to remove the front bumper to locate this? Let's hope it will still work haha
texasnick
There's actually 2 extra water pumps on the WW reservoir. biggrin.gif

One is for the spray bar.

One is for W/I

Then there's the regular one for the windshield.

You don't have to remove the bumper to get the reservoir out. Just the wheel liner and remove the filler neck from the top.

There are 3 bolts securing it to the car.....one of them is kind of hidden....also make sure you disconnect all of the crazy hoses and wire looms.

I hooked mine up to an old camry battery and it worked like a champ. That spray bar pump can flow some water!

......and for those interested, the pressure switch that I think is a good fit on a stock boost level car is called a Hobbs-Honeywell (or just Hobbs) pressure switch. Normally open (N/O. NAPA sells them and they have one that is adjustable from 8-13 psi with the setting on it from the factory at 10 psi.

....although I'm not 100% convinced that a boost based system would be the most effective.

I've been slowly documenting my experiences with the setup....I'll try to have something concrete soon.

edited b/c you want a N/O switch not N/C wink.gif
freddy121389
won't the anti lag eat the turbo alive?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.