Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: loose engine
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
User1101
Ok I just got my 94 Celica gt and about a week and a half ago, with 190k miles on it and I know it's pretty worn down. I have a tendency to lean up on my car and when I leaned on the front with my hood up I noticed my engine was rocking back and forth. When I'm stopped and red lights or stop signs I can feel my car shaking and it even sounds like something vibrating on it(this sound comes and goes). I have no idea what to do with it, it's my first car and I want to keep it as long as I can frown.gif anyone had this problem or know what it could be?
D-Man
check your motormounts if you think it's loose. if ya not sure, then post pics of em.

otherwise do a basic tune-up (sparkplugs, wires, airfilter, oilchange, ect.) and oudda help. if it still exists after that, then it's something bigger. but a basic tuneup is always recommended with any new (old) car. it may just be getting a lack of something witch is a fairly easy fix smile.gif
zfjohnson07
my car does the same thing it has about 193,000 and im sure its the motor mounts, it use to vibrate when i drove but i got my car re-aligned so that went away, but yeah if you figure it out thatd be kool
D-Man
apples and oranges. alignment solves a diff problem than what he's talking about.

i got $5 says a tune/EGR adjustment and/or a quick ecu reset clears it all up biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.