Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Today I..........................................
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207
97lestyousay
Walked to the garage and started the Celica for the first time in 2 months. I hate winter. frown.gif
mkernz22
got a jdm sticker from my friend
pez222
Today I did nothing and my belt squeal noise went away and went home for lunch to play GT5 smile.gif
96stgreendemon
i still have that annoying ass squeak, i hate it, and i took my lip kit off for winter frown.gif
quick_5hifter
Today I changed my mind about selling my Celica to buy a MR2 with RHD (because it's very much cheaper than a LHD). I don't know, she has a way of changing my mind every time I plan on changing my car...
Other than that, after sunset I've spent a couple of hours to relocate my dashboard "tools". I'm adding a little 4 inch TV (with video input) to the center console instead of the center air breathers, which involves relocating the clock etc. She'll keep me busy for the weekend, like usually...
(not that I'm not enjoying that kind of work biggrin.gif )

I have to confirm that, every time I get out of my car, I feel I need to look back to her at least once (some guys already said that before). But when I come back to her, it's ever worse: I have to go around all the parking lot, just to see her from the right angle while getting closer... it's hard to understand (for people who have other cars) wink.gif
It's like a fetish, God damn it!!!
TinoCel
QUOTE (quick_5hifter @ Dec 2, 2010 - 4:45 PM) *
... just to see her from the right angle while getting closer... it's hard to understand (for people who have other cars) wink.gif
It's like a fetish, God damn it!!!

Likewise, mine is at an angle from the rear (thats what she said). As if its a mental photoshoot every time. Show some pics when you're done!
KAOS
Sat in my office with no work to do because the entire office is deserted.

Only have to put in a half day though - today is the Corporate Christmas party, so later I'mma get mah drunk on! Might even try breakdancing in a suit... hope the DJ's got some phat beats...

3 hrs left...
97lestyousay
went to the dealership and ordered a new front hub and wheel bearing, he threw in a new trd hat since my 11 year old one is almost worn out, then I picked up a brochure for the 2011 FJ Cruiser. Then I got a job... keeping people from hanging out in front of the drugstore.
JuMPiiN
Started the car and heard something knocking in the drivetrain. I love life !

And I agree with above statements it isnt just you. When I drive to work i turn around and look at my car for about 5 seconds. I feel as though Im forgetting something.

I wish i could just minimize it and put it in my pocket.
mak5603
Put my Konigs back on, changed the oil, cleaned the underbody of my car because they salted the roads when it snowed mad.gif, and cleaned the outside of my car for the first time since like September, also cleaned the interior. Good day in preparation for the NW Toy Run tomorow. smile.gif
clownpRon
Replaced a shot o'ring for the thermostat. Leaking coolant, me thinks not.

Mini story:

About 3 months ago the thermostat got shot, so I went to Horrible Service Zone. Bought a Maybe Will Last thermostat because I needed one then. My friend wanted to work on my car so I let him. He did the thermostat, everythings been fine since then. A few days ago I noticed coolant leaking. So I took off the inlet, pulled out the thermostat, the o'ring was a c'ring. Bought a new one went to go put everything back together and got stumped. I was thinking to myself how did my friend get this thermostat to fit, it's way to big? So I went to auto zone and asked to see a thermostat for my car. He hands me the box, I compare... of course. They once again sold me the wrong part and this whole time I had a thermostat for who knows in my car. I didn't have the box or receipt so I had to re buy it even though they sold me the wrong part. Morale of the story is, never let anyone else work on your car. The end.
njccmd2002
today i won this!!!

HectortheRican
QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Dec 5, 2010 - 8:41 PM) *
today i won this!!!

Explain?
njccmd2002
its an hks airflow meter holder with an airflow meter for the beams.I have a cheapo aluminum think. Its just bling!
HectortheRican
QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Dec 5, 2010 - 8:45 PM) *
its an hks airflow meter holder with an airflow meter for the beams.I have a cheapo aluminum think. Its just bling!

Sweet! No one hates on HKS bling.
JuMPiiN
Bought a Apexi AX53B70 turbo.

Baller ? kindasad.gif
Batman722
congrats Berto !
96stgreendemon
Finally got around to installing my 8000k HID bulbs in my fogs, put it off forever because i didnt wanna run the relay, but it really wasnt that bad to do
njccmd2002
Put the bling in

HectortheRican
Nice, Norberto!

I changed my oil today since I'll be driving back to Fort Worth on Tuesday.
delusionz
Today I... drove my ST205 and hit the boost... wink.gif

All is running sweet with my recently installed BC coilovers , 3" turbo-back exhaust & Nolathane engine mounts. Car feels like a race car smile.gif
Rusty
SWEET!

going to add to your progress thread?
SupraKid

Zake
had a 2 way remote start/keyless entry put on my car!
delusionz
QUOTE (SupraKid @ Dec 11, 2010 - 9:24 PM) *

what are they?
SupraKid
top left is the center coin holder,right is the fuse cover,bottom is the my cell phone battery cover. Ill post finished pics of it cleared,buffed and beautiful tomorrow biggrin.gif
HectortheRican
I did the same thing with my coin holder lol
Gamebitz
Today I found out that my car couldn't brake because of a GOD D*** leak in my brakepipes.....AAAAARRRRRGGGGG! Other than that everything is fine... oh wait... it's winter too and my car gets dirty, salty and frozen every day... DAMN I hate this country right now I'm moving to Africa. :-)
block
My car's in storage and I'll be starting my car in this MN blizzard haha. Gonna sit in and listen to music for a few. biggrin.gif
Greyform
Got my new fujita air filter and installed it!
first modification ive done on the car, i want to get some chrome tubing to clean up the look of the engine.
oh and sorry if the pics are huge i dont know how to resize them.

sunwukongg
got laid off... frown.gif so no mods on the celi for a while..

time to go job hunt!
TinoCel
After being robbed 4 times in 2 months and 6 months of not having a radio but a huge hole in my dash, I installed a new radio. Luckily they didnt take any of the focal components. Now just for the amps & subs ill be back to normal.

..was told yesterday my piston rings are going out and to go to a thicker oil and start getting ready for the swap.

..and finally, last weekend I welded the hood latch, cut the reinforcement bar and put on my GT4 Hood/Bumper on. Bumper should be getting painted this week, fingers crossed.
HectortheRican
In the process of cleaning my air filter. It needed a nice clean!
Spider77
Laughed in amazement as half a raccoon met my underbody.
HectortheRican
How I went about drying my air filter.

Now to wait...
whatthe
Sin City
azian_advanced
i spent half the day cleaning my idle control valve, flushing the cooling system, replaced thermostat, replaced coolant, and replaced the transmission fluid for 3L of synchromesh.
cleaning the iac was a pain because i stripped 3 of the 4 screws which was common (according to the how-to's) but i managed to get them out with a flathead and a hammer smile.gif.
still have to take the car for a test drive.. might drive down to the states to pick up my new laptop.
Bigblock
Started 'er up @ 4am to go to work.
On the driver seat was a box cutter-- I thought maybe belonged to my stepson for his work.
Took it in & gave it to my Bride. She was upset he'd put his stuff in my car.
She calls me @ work & says it wasn't his, never seen it!!
Top it off, foot prints in the snow going toward a neighbors house!!!

I won't be able to tell if any damage was done to the console til I get home.

It's that time of year when no-goods try to take your stuff!!
Lock 'em up & turn on the alarm!!

PS
Thing is, my radio is a cheap cd player-- not worth the chance of getting caught taking it!!LOLOL!!
eboz74
today i spent 5 mins installing red led dome lights
SupraKid
Kicked the rim, said f#ck you and walked away :\...
Bigblock
QUOTE (SupraKid @ Dec 15, 2010 - 8:28 PM) *
Kicked the rim, said f#ck you and walked away :\...

Did that to the "other" car last summer!!!Must have fixed whatever, no prob since! LOL!!

PS
Console is ok, lots of wires pulled sideways behind it!! Maybe they gave up since the radio is 10 yrs old & out of style & soooo out dated!!! Retucked the wires. All good!!

Fate
bought my 4th Celica...
mkernz22
Well worth it though Fate!
playr158
pressed the bearings/seals and wheel hub into my shiney powder coated knuckles (front)

now to email my shop and see if I can have some control arms made biggrin.gif
Spider77
Got pulled over today, twenty feet from my parking spot at the Apartments. Was told that its "illegal" to have a plastic covering over my license plate in Texas. Also told that I need a Texas drivers license and to register my celica in Texas as well. Which would be fine but my HOR is Tennessee and all my stuff is from there. Best part is the cop didnt even give me a citation because he "didnt know for sure about the drivers license thing". So pretty much just wasted 20 minutes of my time for nothing. And in retrospect my car has gotten broken into, and vandalized but nothing was done about that either. I'm starting to see a trend here.
But the best part is he followed me because I have no front plates (i just know it), because we were traveling in opposite directions when I first saw him.
njccmd2002
what part from TN were u from?
Johnnyny
QUOTE (Spider77 @ Dec 17, 2010 - 6:55 PM) *
Got pulled over today, twenty feet from my parking spot at the Apartments. Was told that its "illegal" to have a plastic covering over my license plate in Texas. Also told that I need a Texas drivers license and to register my celica in Texas as well. Which would be fine but my HOR is Tennessee and all my stuff is from there. Best part is the cop didnt even give me a citation because he "didnt know for sure about the drivers license thing". So pretty much just wasted 20 minutes of my time for nothing. And in retrospect my car has gotten broken into, and vandalized but nothing was done about that either. I'm starting to see a trend here.
But the best part is he followed me because I have no front plates (i just know it), because we were traveling in opposite directions when I first saw him.

****ing pigs
eboz74
QUOTE (Spider77 @ Dec 17, 2010 - 6:55 PM) *

same thing happened to me when i first moved to michigan i feel ya pain kindasad.gif
njccmd2002
Damn gt4 hood wont close...

block
Well went to start my Celica in 8 degree weather and it didn't start. I'm guessing battery is out and it's clicking so starter may be also out kindasad.gif mad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.