Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Manual Transmission won't shift at a complete stop
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
ake126
I got my car back from the shop recently for some repairs and when I did, I can't shift the car into any gear when its completely stopped. I've never had this happen to me before. The shop "bled" the transmission and added Mesh additive to it too, with no luck. I can shift fine if its moving, but have no idea whats wrong with the transmission.

Sorry for the noobish description
enderswift
why was it in the shop in the first place?
808celica
what's an additive besides the Lucas oil Trans Fix?? to me its either all 75w-90 gear oil or all Royal Purple Synchromesh, not mixed fluids or any sort

-not enough gear oil
-they put the wrong "mesh" additive (what ever that is), well you shouldn't be mixing stuff in there anyways

my question is, how do you bleed the trans?? is it like bleeding a brake/clutch line or are you referring to draining and filling the diff???

DIY a diff drain and fill with 75w-90 gear oil 3qts. Use the search button to find people who asked how and where the trans drain and fill plugs are before making another thread yourself.
ake126
QUOTE (enderswift @ Apr 21, 2010 - 7:52 PM) *
why was it in the shop in the first place?

The axle bracket broke and took a piece of the engine with it. So the shop replaced the engine and the axle. And now the transmission is acting up.

QUOTE (808celica @ Apr 21, 2010 - 9:58 PM) *
what's an additive besides the Lucas oil Trans Fix?? to me its either all 75w-90 gear oil or all Royal Purple Synchromesh, not mixed fluids or any sort

-not enough gear oil
-they put the wrong "mesh" additive (what ever that is), well you shouldn't be mixing stuff in there anyways

my question is, how do you bleed the trans?? is it like bleeding a brake/clutch line or are you referring to draining and filling the diff???

DIY a diff drain and fill with 75w-90 gear oil 3qts. Use the search button to find people who asked how and where the trans drain and fill plugs are before making another thread yourself.

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it. I don't really know how you go about bleeding a transmission either.
Bitter
used trans?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.