Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Clutch
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Scosh
When I got home today this was at my front door.

I opened it up and it was the clutch I ordered last week biggrin.gif

My next question is, how much should it cost for me to get a shop to install it? I have never done this before and I dont want to take the risk of messing anything up. It doesnt look that hard to do, anyone think that I should attempt a DIY?
soulshadow
Easy to do if you have the right tools. Impossible for the tool less. Your looking at around $700-1000 depending on where you go.
Remy
Here's a guideline on doing a clutch job on a GT, I did mines myself just do your research and plan a head and you will be fine the only help I needed was putting the tranny back in which is a pain if your not strong like manny lol I could lift it up just could'nt get it to align correctly with the splines I didn't use any special tools other then the alignment tool and torq wrench plus you gotta remember you will have to resurface your flywheel too.

http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showto...nstall&st=0

Hope604
Putting a New clutch in...Looks like take most of the things out from the hood....then put clutch in...and put everything back in......

But lucky, i just did my clutch change last week (in a shop) because my engine exploded...and i need to replace it...so new clutch would be a better idea, instead of doing it next time...
Scosh
Nvm guys, my dad's friend, who is a mechanic, is going to do the install and balance for free biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.