Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: V6 Conversion LF Walkthrough
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
rapid3642
Hey guys i really wanna do a v6 conversion to my car, and i think its really really difficult but i heard it wasn't all that bad, so I'm looking for a walk-through so i have something to reference to and help me through it. Can anyone please post a v6 conversion walk-through if you find one thanks!
Johnnyny
QUOTE (rapid3642 @ May 27, 2010 - 6:49 PM) *
Hey guys i really wanna do a v6 conversion to my car, and i think its really really difficult but i heard it wasn't all that bad, so I'm looking for a walk-through so i have something to reference to and help me through it. Can anyone please post a v6 conversion walk-through if you find one thanks!

Dang i posted in the wrong thread can a mod please move this topic for me please?

http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=53507

http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=72629&hl=
rapid3642
Very nice threads but looking for a complete walk-through. thanks for everyone's time.
Culpable04
what you are looking for is known as " engine swap for dummies " barnes and noble has not produce this book yet.

so if you are serious about this, you should start reading ( A LOT ) and then read some more ( A LOT MORE ), if you don't have a clear understanding of how things work, and why and how things should be done, you won't be successful with your swap. even the most detailed guide will not get your ready for a swap, every swap is different there are small details that will only make sense when you face them.

go get some reading done.
nik
QUOTE (Culpable04 @ May 28, 2010 - 6:33 AM) *
what you are looking for is known as " engine swap for dummies " barnes and noble has not produce this book yet.

so if you are serious about this, you should start reading ( A LOT ) and then read some more ( A LOT MORE ), if you don't have a clear understanding of how things work, and why and how things should be done, you won't be successful with your swap. even the most detailed guide will not get your ready for a swap, every swap is different there are small details that will only make sense when you face them.

agree fully
presure2
QUOTE (Culpable04 @ May 28, 2010 - 9:33 AM) *

X 11 billion.

thread moved.
rapid3642
yea i know that i would have to have some knowledge about it and how to do swaps. i wouldn't post something randomly if i didn't know what i was doing. but yea thanks for the start and i know most swaps are different and i was just looking for a general outline not something so detailed out that an idiot can do it. the reading part is exactly what im trying to do. if i found a general outline on the swap i would be able to get a better understanding on my shopping list and something to at least go by and i would learn all the things i would encounter. So this is why i posted so i can get some good information if any one had it. i haven't seen anyone that did a walk through for it. they just said it wasn't that bad.
njccmd2002
OUTLINE

1. Have a celica
2. Read read read for options.
3. Buy engine swap
4. Read Read Read about missing parts
5. Start the swap
6. Read Read Read about what you did wrong the engine wont start.
7. Continue reading because you skipped important parts
8. Then go back to option 2 skipping 3 and 5
9. Pull your hair
10 make a grin (smile)
11. Congratulations you are finished and driving your car
stephen_lee
REAAADDDDD all day, all night, for 3 weeks.
decide on motor
REEADDD
decide on transmission
figure out what axles you need
READDD MOAR
buy motor/trans
pull celica motor
send both harnesses to dr tweak
choose correct mounts for the motor/trans combo
(read)
rebuild the motor, (gaskets/maint items at minimum[oil & water pumps, timing belt])
receive harness
drop motor in
figure out why its not going in right,
find missing parts
correct no-start issue
correct drivability problems
correct small issues
enjoy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.