Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Header question
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
HectortheRican
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Header-Exha...#ht_2974wt_1080
rave2n
its fine, just like the rest on there, just coated. Downpipe will be to short, and won't have second sensor hole.
HectortheRican
QUOTE (rave2n @ May 31, 2010 - 12:50 PM) *
its fine, just like the rest on there, just coated. Downpipe will be to short, and won't have second sensor hole.

As expected. Can I just go to a muffler shop and have them extend it? Even if it's ceramic powder coated?
Bitter
That 'ceramic powder coat' will probably just burn right off, but at that price...who cares! as long as its stainless and not mild steel underneath and you can wrap it or get it real ceramic coated.
HectortheRican
How about this one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Corolla-DX-...#ht_2390wt_1167

It says no modification needed. I dunno if that's true or not
Bitter
if it fits the corolla with no mods then it won't fit the celica with no mods and vice versa.
HectortheRican
QUOTE (Bitter @ May 31, 2010 - 1:18 PM) *
if it fits the corolla with no mods then it won't fit the celica with no mods and vice versa.

I see. Well can I just take it to a muffler shop and have them weld in a piece of tubing? How will this work out?
Bitter
check the how-to
cheela
QUOTE (HectortheRican @ May 31, 2010 - 1:37 PM) *
I see. Well can I just take it to a muffler shop and have them weld in a piece of tubing? How will this work out?

yup, that's exactly what I did. I just had them weld the hole in the header shut cuz it was useless anyways. it only read where the two tubes so what's the point. then i had them weld the O2 sensor where it all comes into one and also had to add some tubing underneath too. I will post a video and pics soon so that everyone will finally get an answer. smile.gif
HectortheRican
QUOTE (cheela @ May 31, 2010 - 8:25 PM) *
QUOTE (HectortheRican @ May 31, 2010 - 1:37 PM) *

yup, that's exactly what I did. I just had them weld the hole in the header shut cuz it was useless anyways. it only read where the two tubes so what's the point. then i had them weld the O2 sensor where it all comes into one and also had to add some tubing underneath too. I will post a video and pics soon so that everyone will finally get an answer. smile.gif

Thanks!
cheela

sorry, that's all i got for now. haven't had time to get under it and snap some. but just letting you know it works.
trdproven
what you are looking at are headers that will bolt on but does not mean it will align with your exhaust. a good example is a 3sge header on a 5sfe same concept.
cheela
http://s452.photobucket.com/albums/qq250/c...eaderrun001.flv

sorry that took so long
HectortheRican
QUOTE (cheela @ Jun 4, 2010 - 12:17 AM) *

Thanks! I'm not so worried about getting a ricer sound anymore because yours sounded just fine.
cheela
QUOTE (HectortheRican @ Jun 4, 2010 - 1:00 AM) *

Thanks! I'm not so worried about getting a ricer sound anymore because yours sounded just fine.

yeah, I was scared about that too but i'm VERY happy with the sound of it. I love it. It's pretty quiet until you step on it and then it really opens up. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
HectortheRican
QUOTE (cheela @ Jun 4, 2010 - 4:30 PM) *
QUOTE (HectortheRican @ Jun 4, 2010 - 1:00 AM) *

yeah, I was scared about that too but i'm VERY happy with the sound of it. I love it. It's pretty quiet until you step on it and then it really opens up. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Well you've been a great help! But I'm gonna have to hold off on the header for a few weeks, I just bought trdproven's intake
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.