Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cylinder 1 misfire?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
96stgreendemon
so while driving home from work yesterday my car throws a CEL, so i go and get it checked at orileys and they say its a cylinder 1 misfire, car is running fine no odd sounds or changes in power, but i replace the spark plugs anyways, car is doing fine and then on the way to work today it comes back on again! i dont know what to do, im gonna try new wires tomorrow and hopefully that will solve my problem, any suggestions on what this could be?
k-weaver
Did the plug look bad when you replaced it? Many different possibilities here. I'd start with the easy stuff which it sounds like you may have already done. Some other things I'd check are:

1.) Distributor Cap
2.) Rotor
3.) Plug wires

If your air/fuel mixture is off it can cause a misfire but I think it would be in more than one cylinder. Might wanna check your air filter, dirty injectors can cause it as well. Again, I don't think this is the problem but its something thats easy to check so why not?

Only other thing I can think of is loss of compression in that cylinder. Only way to test would be to do a compression test. I'd try this last as most everything else I mentioned can be done fairly quickly and only requires a good visual inspection.
96stgreendemon
thanks, ha ha a little latte but its all good, replaced the wires last night when i got home from work and drove it all day today without issue
k-weaver
Very cool. Make sure you keep an eye on it though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.