Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: upgrades for a slow ST
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
colin928
A couple of months ago I got a 25th anniversary celica st, and although I absolutely love it, I have to say...its pretty slow. I've read around, and realized, sadly, that there aren't a whole lot of performance upgrades for an ST. I have a somewhat limited budget, and was wondering what I could modify on my car to get the most fun driving experience.
stephen_lee
STs can be fun if theyre a manual. get some good tires, some suspension work and the car will out-handle nearly anything.
if u want power u can trbo, but dont expect more than 200 hp. or swap, but thats a whole nother story
Johnnyny
QUOTE (stephen_lee @ Jun 6, 2010 - 4:44 PM) *
STs can be fun if theyre a manual. get some good tires, some suspension work and the car will out-handle nearly anything.
if u want power u can trbo, but dont expect more than 200 hp. or swap, but thats a whole nother story

x2 suspension is the way to go if you are on a budget
colin928
thanks for the suggestions! is there any specific brand that you guys would recommend for suspension upgrades?
Johnnyny
QUOTE (colin928 @ Jun 6, 2010 - 5:05 PM) *
thanks for the suggestions! is there any specific brand that you guys would recommend for suspension upgrades?

lots of options with coilovers and springs depends how low u wanna go megan,tein,ksport, im sure im missing some springs ah trd, eibach pro kit or sportlines, megan, tein S-tech,tanabe,dropzone etc a lot if you go springs get kyb gr2 struts they are great

there is more stuff you can do besides just lowering but its usually the first step
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.