Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Only Firing on 1 cylinder
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
aslearvert
I was just wondering if anyone had experienced this problem and could give me some advice on how to fix it. My car was running fine and then one morning when I went to start it, there was nothing. We tested for spark and found out it was only sparking on 1 cylinder. We didn't think it would be the plugs or wires, because that would mean that 3 went out at the same time. So we decided it was the distributor. We changed the distributor (and cap) and still nothing. Any help that anyone could give me I would REALLY appreciate.

thank you so much in advance!!

JuMPiiN
Same thing is what's wrong with my car I was told by Toyota 900$ later that it something in the wiring.
97-SX
I dropped 2 cylinders last week, happened all of a sudden. Turned out to be the tappet gasket. Pulled out the leads and there was oil sitting all around the spark plug. Replaced plugs leads and gasket and it's running fine again. I was told it's not an uncommon problem with the 5s-fe at least.
Hope that helps.
Ty
aslearvert
Thanks for the responses! I'm not even getting spark from the plug wires without them being attached to plugs, just using a tester. Any other ideas?
stephen_lee
cap rotor and plug wires, then go from there
aslearvert
Ok, I changed the plug wires and checked if the coil is sparking and it definitely is, but I'm still getting spark from only 1 plug wire, so now I'm thinking the ignition control module. Does that sound like something that could be wrong?
stephen_lee
maybe ignitor? btw i have one somewhere i might be able to sell
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.