Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cat
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Kharma
Ok so my cat converter started smoking not too long ago. The car is a 1995 gt and is a california model. I can't seem to figure out why or what is the cause of the smoke. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
mmmchocolate

this is seriously what i thought of when i read "Cat is Smoking"
Terracar
Hahaha - same here.

Generally speaking the cat itself should be smoking. Are you sure it is not your engine? What color is the smoke? I assume the smoke is coming from the tailpipe?

-Terracar
Kharma
Yeah i realized what i put after the fact and just laughed. Anyways yes im pretty sure its not coming from the engine because no smoke is coming out tailpipe. The only smoke i can see comes from the TWC and front exhaust pipe...
Jamchell
Is there any oil or other fluid dripping onto it?
Kharma
No not from where it is smoking at. It is smoking from in between where the TWC and front exhaust pipe connect.
GriffGirl
Run it through an exhaust shop and see if they can do a backflow pressure test on it - most shops (that I've been to at least) won't even charge for it. Could be that your cat is clogged and needs replacing.

Kharma
Alright thank you. If i keep driving it as it is will something terrible happen? Or just burn it up more?
njccmd2002
i have the two cats. they are used if u eed one.
Jamchell
QUOTE (Kharma @ Jun 11, 2010 - 5:34 PM) *
Alright thank you. If i keep driving it as it is will something terrible happen? Or just burn it up more?

Well if it plugs up completely your car will stop running.
SleekCelica
I have a cat I'm trying to get rid of... tongue.gif She's missing an eye, an ear, and is like 17 years old.
b22ri22an
this should help stop the cat from smoking.

sorry i couldnt help myself smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.