Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rpm stuck/possible misfire
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
block
I was affraid something would go wrong. Well, it isn't bad. I don't know if the throttle body is dirty or maybe I need to clean the iat. Not sure but once in a while, the rpm needle will stick to 2k rpm even when I'm at a dead stop. Anyone had this problem before? I just realized that the spark plug wires would sneak out of place a bit. Cylinder 1 had a heli-coil done to it so the spark plug wires don't go all the way down. Not sure if the spark plug wires would cause misfire. Drove it from texas with no problems at all. Now this...yay. I'm not worried about it because it'll be going through a 3sgte swap. But id like to be able to drive it for at least through september.
sugarfree
Yeah i think its the wires or distributor cap. If not it might be a vacuum or heating/cooling related problem.
block
My first initial thought was the wires. Didn't realize how loose they were. Ill replace the spark plugs tomorrow and see how things are. I'm just not sure if in texas, people change spark plugs as often as we midwest do (summer & winter seasons). If I recall correctly, it was changed a while back.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.