Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: car dies while driving....no spark
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
bsamps4
I was driving earlier today and stopped at a gas station. The car was running fine. I left the gas station and got less than a mile up the street and the car started to loose power. I tried changing gears, but it died on the side of the road and would not restart. The starter is turning over, and the battery isn't dead. After getting the car towed home, I tested to see if there was any spark, and the spark plug would not arc to the outside of the engine. I'm new to toyota, but have had several integras in the past. I had an ignition control module go out in my integra which yielded similar symptoms to what I'm experiencing now. Can anyone here please offer me advice? I need to get this fixed ASAP, and would love any feedback. The car is a 94 celica gt, and has 216,000 on it.
95CelicaST
Efi relay. Replace it and see if you get spark.

bsamps4
I'm getting fuel. Just no spark. Ignition coil? I was under the impression that ignition coils go out pretty suddenly.
95CelicaST
I've never had one go out. I have had my efi die. Check the connector for your coil and make sure its grounded properly.
stephen_lee
ive had coils poop out suddenly, and once warm, but work fine cool.. replace it. if it dont work, u can always return the coil
Remy
Had the same problem on my car turned out the new reman'd distributor was bad they did a sh*tty job rebuilding it and it would cause my car to stall while driving same symptoms you have, my car would turn over but not start. Before replacing it test the dizzy first to make sure that's the problem on FED spec 5sfe the coil is located in the dizzy anyway.
bsamps4
Turned out to be the ignition coil. Thanks guys.
stephen_lee
who was right?! LOL
glad u fixed it!
QUOTE (stephen_lee @ Jun 21, 2010 - 12:36 PM) *
ive had coils poop out suddenly, and once warm, but work fine cool.. replace it. if it dont work, u can always return the coil
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.