Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 7AGE
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
HectortheRican
I'd like to know all that there would need to be done to complete a successful 7AGE swap other than the obvious things like head, valve cover, gaskets, exhaust/intake manis, valves, springs, cams, and gears. I just realized that my dad (owns an AE86, I envy him so) replaced his 4AGE a year ago and has the old head sitting in his garage, so I'd be keen on doing the swap sometime in the future. I'd also like to know some of the risks involved and possibly details on maybe a 4AGZE. I know this is all a lot of information, so thanks to anyone who takes the time to explain this all to me!!
Johnnyny
QUOTE (HectortheRican @ Jun 28, 2010 - 9:52 PM) *
I'd like to know all that there would need to be done to complete a successful 7AGE swap other than the obvious things like head, valve cover, gaskets, exhaust/intake manis, valves, springs, cams, and gears. I just realized that my dad (owns an AE86, I envy him so) replaced his 4AGE a year ago and has the old head sitting in his garage, so I'd be keen on doing the swap sometime in the future. I'd also like to know some of the risks involved and possibly details on maybe a 4AGZE. I know this is all a lot of information, so thanks to anyone who takes the time to explain this all to me!!

from what ive read the hardest part in the 4agze swap is the wiring harness other than dat its a direct swap and with some mods pulleys, exhaust, upgrade to the sc14 supercharger of a previa, fmic, and bluetop cams you could easily get 225 250 to the wheels
HectortheRican
QUOTE (Johnnyny @ Jun 28, 2010 - 8:56 PM) *
QUOTE (HectortheRican @ Jun 28, 2010 - 9:52 PM) *

from what ive read the hardest part in the 4agze swap is the wiring harness other than dat its a direct swap and with some mods pulleys, exhaust, upgrade to the sc14 supercharger of a previa, fmic, and bluetop cams you could easily get 225 250 to the wheels

I know next to nothing about engine swaps, I would definitely need major help if I want to make this happen lol
Johnnyny
get on club4ag.com plenty of info there
HectortheRican
QUOTE (Johnnyny @ Jun 28, 2010 - 9:00 PM) *
get on club4ag.com plenty of info there

Thanks a lot! This won't happen for a while, possibly not even till next summer, I've got other things to worry about, but when I get ready, I'm going straight there.
krom8
For inspiration you can read about a 500hp 7agte. http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147802
netrata
Contact Nik on this forum. He built a 7AGTE a few years ago for his 6gc from what I can remember.
HectortheRican
Alright thanks! I'm sure he'll be able to help me, but I don't wanna turbo it. I'm iffy on just the supercharger
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.