Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 7afe rebuild?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
NOVAKx17
Hey there, i'm planning on purchasing a 97 celica st with 127k miles on it this weekend and it has a blown engine.

anyone have any links to good rebuild kits or preformance parts for the build?

i'm not too knowlegeable about this, i'm more of body man but my dads a mechanic and i have some friends who are really good with
automotive work and they own they're own garage.

but any help or advice would be apreciated.

thanks much in advance guys! smile.gif
2celicas2love
I had mine rebuilt not too long ago by Smaay, he put a thread of it with detailed pictures it's in the engine section called "rebuilding the 7a" also, you should get all your parts from toyota OEM only. You should also replace the water pump and timing while you have it out. I'm pretty sure the kit he bought from toyota was a complete gasket kit of everything you need. Once we got the engine apart we found more problems, bad piston, bad bearings, etc, so keep that in mind that you might have some more surprises once you get it out.
NOVAKx17
hmmm. alright, thanks for the input, i'ma check out the thread now!
sincerelyseb
One word:

SWAP!!

or ill sell you my motor
NOVAKx17
yeahh.. i was thinking swap, but from what i've read you have to do a TON more work to do a swap in an st rather than a gt.

kindasad.gif
Smaay
its not really a ton, luckily most of the holes are already there, you just have to thread into them. you might need to fabricate a passenger motor mount.
NOVAKx17
yeah but don't you need to get different axles and such?
Johnnyny
QUOTE (NOVAKx17 @ Jun 29, 2010 - 2:18 PM) *
yeah but don't you need to get different axles and such?

depends on what transmision you get
NOVAKx17
well if i did the swap, from what i read i would probably just buy the clip that already has the lsd tranny.
Johnnyny
QUOTE (NOVAKx17 @ Jun 29, 2010 - 2:29 PM) *
well if i did the swap, from what i read i would probably just buy the clip that already has the lsd tranny.

uh wait wat engine / clip you talking about the 3s comes with an awd tranny in the celicas
NOVAKx17
beams
Johnnyny
QUOTE (NOVAKx17 @ Jun 29, 2010 - 2:35 PM) *
beams

ahh dont know too much about dat one i think they are using the 5s axles
NOVAKx17
ha.. i'll have to read up on it some more
sincerelyseb
I'd find out the most direct swap and go that way

No matter what its going to be better Then what you got

But that's just my personal opinion
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.