Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine sputtered, finally died, would not restart
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
midtownkc
I recently replaced my plugs/wires/distributor cap and rotor because my car was stuttering at lower rpms(2500 and lower in higher gears) it was running fine for about 2 days and then started stuttering at those rpms again(i could be going 45 in 5th and would just stutter like mad) so i pull up to my friends house, it dies and wouldnt restart. Simply turn over w/o starting. I know most cars you can hear the fuel pump when you turn the key to ac power. I couldnt hear it and took it almost all the way out turning the power on and still couldnt hear it turn on at all. Do you think the problem is the pump? Let me know your thoughts.
Also, earlier today i did the seafoam treatment, it went fine, i used only about 1/3 of a can. I drove it for at least 20 miles after that before this happened. Could that have caused anything?
midtown

2.2 litre 5sfe
stephen_lee
bridge b+ and fp in ur diagnostics box, turn the key on and listen for the fuel pump and or fuel flow in the engine bay
midtownkc
I'll give that a go this evening. Hoping that's all that it is. Just strange my last 2 celica's went 200K miles w/o needing a fuel pump(unless prior to my purchase)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.