Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Since i need a new engine anyways...
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
NOVAKx17
what do you think if i can pick up this 3sgte for 1000 bucks?

i know some of you experts on here could probably let me know what else i would need to
complete the swap...

i know since its an st it will take a little more, but i'm open ears ....

i emailed him to see if he'd take 1000 cash... any inputs appreciated...

awaiting response tongue.gif

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/pts/1817258595.html
presure2
QUOTE (NOVAKx17 @ Jul 2, 2010 - 1:12 PM) *
what do you think if i can pick up this 3sgte for 1000 bucks?

i know some of you experts on here could probably let me know what else i would need to
complete the swap...

i know since its an st it will take a little more, but i'm open ears ....

i emailed him to see if he'd take 1000 cash... any inputs appreciated...

awaiting response tongue.gif

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/pts/1817258595.html

its not worth it.
its out of an mr2, which would require a new harness, alternator bracket, water necks, ect.
95CelicaST
You can buy it and ship it to me.
sincerelyseb
Good to see you're thinking swap over rebuild

NOVAKx17
Ha dang, i was hoping i might of lucked into something here... haha.

but alright.. i'll keep on a looking..

and yeah.. i'm really considering doing a swap as long as i can find a good set up

tongue.gif
sincerelyseb
I think Flintstone'ing' it is a good set up compared to the st tongue.gif
NOVAKx17
ha ha ha real funny!

but i think i'm just going to drop the engine in from the st in my yard for now until i can find a either a beams 3sge or a decently priced 3sgte
HectortheRican
rebuild your 7A with forged pistons, etc., find a 4AGE head, port/polish & rebuild that, then get a supercharger laugh.gif laugh.gif
NOVAKx17
hahah. eh i think i shall pass on that. ..
i have my hopes set on a 3sge beams. or 3sgte if money permits...

ha smile.gif
HectortheRican
I think I'm gonna do it. My dad has an AE86 (lucky bastard...) and he has a spare 4AGE block and head. I'm thinking 4AGE head FO' FREE haha
NOVAKx17
that would be pretty intense if your getting it for free... i mean why not, ha.

only thing that sucks for me , when i do actually manage to do a real swap, i'm
not going to have a true clue as to what i'm going to be doing frown.gif
HectortheRican
Neither do I lol. Hopefully some of my friends will know what they're doing. They've built up 240's (where I live, the 240 scene is pretty big, I still want one really badly)
NOVAKx17
ha. around here everyone loves Civics, Crx's, and integras....

i'm going to be loving it when i get my swap in... the only person who will even be close to having a car as nice as mine in
my town is my friend craig.. he has a 1994 honda civic, that he's dumped about 14 grand into so far... he is waiting for the engine or tranny
to blow and he's dropping in an imported b-18 straight out of japan. .... it even has all the japanese writing on it ha tongue.gif
HectortheRican
I have the pride and joy of owning the nicest Celica around where I live biggrin.gif Anyone who's got a Celica is all broken down or gross-looking haha
NOVAKx17
ha well as soon as i get a shower, i shall be on my way to my credit union to take out 1000 out of my savings and go pick up my new celica in pitt! smile.gif
HectortheRican
Excellent, good luck with it!
Ted95
QUOTE (NOVAKx17 @ Jul 3, 2010 - 1:37 AM) *
ha. around here everyone loves Civics, Crx's, and integras....

haha me too my dude, and vdubs.... ima have the only 3rd gen swap on the scene.. there are a couple other 3rd gen swaps in my area, including presure2, but they dont go out on the scene, soooo therefore ill have the only 3rd gen on the street scene =] they wont kno what happened lmao
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.