Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Won't start, Plugs are getting fire
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
midtownkc
I replaced wires, plugs, distributor, rotor, fuel filter, tested the fuel pump by bridging the terminals in the diagnostic port, i heard it fine. There was no error code when i bridged the te1 and e1 terminal. Car stuttered and died last night, would not start again until this morning...then i went to buy new plug wires, came back installed them and the car would not restart. I've changed everything aside from the fuel pump. When the car is idling(when it was running) it stutters barely, but when you give it half or full throttle it will kill the engine if you do not let up. It also seems to be backfiring through the intake. Any thoughts are appreciated. One more thing is i havent checked the fuel injectors. ONE more thing, i was browsing and saw a post about an ignition coil causing somewhat similar problems(aside from stutter) maybe that as well???
lewlpop

Kansas City's broke down celica crew WOOT!!!
95celicastLSR
QUOTE (midtownkc @ Jul 3, 2010 - 3:30 AM) *
I replaced wires, plugs, distributor, rotor, fuel filter, tested the fuel pump by bridging the terminals in the diagnostic port, i heard it fine. There was no error code when i bridged the te1 and e1 terminal. Car stuttered and died last night, would not start again until this morning...then i went to buy new plug wires, came back installed them and the car would not restart. I've changed everything aside from the fuel pump. When the car is idling(when it was running) it stutters barely, but when you give it half or full throttle it will kill the engine if you do not let up. It also seems to be backfiring through the intake. Any thoughts are appreciated. One more thing is i havent checked the fuel injectors. ONE more thing, i was browsing and saw a post about an ignition coil causing somewhat similar problems(aside from stutter) maybe that as well???
lewlpop

Kansas City's broke down celica crew WOOT!!!

soun ds like what happened to me and if you got a whole new distributor it should have a new ignition coil on it .... can you or have you checked your timing???
midtownkc
I only got the distributor cap and rotor. Fuel pump is about 140 and ignition coil like 40 so im hoping its the coil. I actually took my car to a toyota dealership earlier this week for a "diagnosis" for 60 bucks and they told me nothing was wrong with it(error) so i dont feel like doing that again. I have no way of checking the timing myself sadly woohoo.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.