Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another problem
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
jtmlb3k
So tonight I was getting in my car to go to work when my door latch broke. I got in, closed the door, heard a clunk then a ping, and then the door popped back open and the metal latch-- I guess I can call it the "male" part attached to the car's frame that the door actually latches to-- fell to the ground with the screws. I tried screwing it back in but the holes were too big and the screws didn't catch anything (which doesn't make sense to me). So I'm thinking maybe a washer or something inside the car's frame is what broke?

Can anyone help me with this? Is there a way I can fix it by myself? I thought of using liquid steel just to tack it on there, but I know that isn't really safe.

I don't know much about cars (obviously) and have grown to beyond frustrated with my Celica over the last couple of weeks. Things just keep falling apart and I don't have the money for expensive fixes or a new car.

I need it to get to work and my other commitments, so if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

njccmd2002
holy crap. so the door wont close?

there is a metal plate that has the nuts soldered to, but i tought it was fixed, maybe yours broke... it might still be there,
jtmlb3k
Ya, the door doesn't have anything to latch to, so it just swings freely.

And that makes sense with the clunk and the ping I heard. Just checked the frame and there isn't any metal plate that I can see. I unhooked the battery to keep the door opened light off. I'll try to bring it to the dealer but I really don't know what they could do if that plate you're talking about fell inside the car's frame. That seems like such a stupid design if that's the case...
bmj67
im not sure but you might be able to pull the interior plastic and reach in there and find the plate or whatever to screw it back on
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.