Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Toyota Fluids ( ALL )
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
JuMPiiN
Im going to need all the fluids oil transmission ext when i put in my replacement 5s next week.
So im wondering what the best are i was going to just go to toyota and get what they use.

And i need everything
Power steering, Transmission fluid ( manual ), basically everything and i want to know what the best would be i think Toyota makes one specifically for Toyota's and its like a dark red color.
HectortheRican
I know that Toyota makes that premium coolant that's a dark red color. Other than that, I dunno
presure2
the only thing i would buy from toyota would be the super long life coolant.
for tranny oil, any good 75/90 gear oil will work, i like mobil1 synthetic, or syncromesh.
any brand PS fluid will be just fine, nothing special needed there.
JuMPiiN
Appreciate the info, I just wanted to get the best of things so it ran perfect.
Smaay

no dont use powersteering fluid!!! use dextron III automatic transmission fluid ONLY!!!!!
Johnnyny
QUOTE (Smaay @ Jul 11, 2010 - 4:37 PM) *

no dont use powersteering fluid!!! use dextron III automatic transmission fluid ONLY!!!!!

why?
Keiri
QUOTE (Johnnyny @ Jul 11, 2010 - 4:38 PM) *
QUOTE (Smaay @ Jul 11, 2010 - 4:37 PM) *

why?

Because the owner's manual says to use dextron III.
Bitter
there is no T in Dexron.

yes, just use dexron compatible trans fluid. its cheaper too.
Keiri
QUOTE (Bitter @ Jul 11, 2010 - 6:00 PM) *
there is no T in Dexron.

yes, just use dexron compatible trans fluid. its cheaper too.

Thank you for the correction Bitter.

thumbsup.gif
Smaay
it also says right on the cap of the PS resivoir. use ATF fluid
presure2
hrmm interesting...i've never noticed that on my cap.
Bitter
PS fluid won't hurt it, but dexron works the same (or better) and can be had cheaper.
enderswift
QUOTE (Bitter @ Jul 11, 2010 - 9:05 PM) *
PS fluid won't hurt it, but dexron works the same (or better) and can be had cheaper.

Hey so I want to make absolutely sure that I can use actual power steering fluid in my system. I bought valvoline powersteering fluid and didn't remember that the cap says atf until after I broke the seal rolleyes.gif

so can I get some confirmation? why woudnt I be able to use powersteering fluid? wrong additives? will things corrode?
Bitter
it won't hurt anything. PS fluid for MOST cars is more or less ATF without the color red. some EUROPEAN cars take a special fluid (CHF11S) and regular fluid will ruin the system.
enderswift
QUOTE (Bitter @ Jul 23, 2010 - 9:44 PM) *
it won't hurt anything. PS fluid for MOST cars is more or less ATF without the color red. some EUROPEAN cars take a special fluid (CHF11S) and regular fluid will ruin the system.

awesome thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.