Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: temp gauge
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
icemen39
anyone have any idea why my temp gauge does not move? it stays in the same spot whether i have been driving for hours or if the car is off even. i changed the temp sending unit but nothing. im guessing the gauge itself? but im not positive. but all of my other gauges work fine its just the temp gauge im stumped kindasad.gif.
fgvillegas
QUOTE (icemen39 @ Jul 12, 2010 - 2:39 AM) *
anyone have any idea why my temp gauge does not move? it stays in the same spot whether i have been driving for hours or if the car is off even. i changed the temp sending unit but nothing. im guessing the gauge itself? but im not positive. but all of my other gauges work fine its just the temp gauge im stumped kindasad.gif.

what temp gauge is this: water or oil?

if it's an oil gauge, where is the sending unit installed? i installed mine near the oil filter where i have a sandwich plate with bung where i can place the sending unit. if the sending unit is too far, the oil might not be that hot enough to get a good reading.

another reason could be the ground not properly installed.

let's also wait for other response from the gurus.
icemen39
no its the factory water temp gauge.
EKAn
Is it reading cold all the time?
icemen39
QUOTE (EKAn @ Jul 12, 2010 - 11:34 PM) *
Is it reading cold all the time?

its it stuck at about maybe almost 1/4 of an inch off the cold line. and does not move ever. maybe the sping inside the needle messed up?
JuMPiiN
I'll take a pic of mine tmo, whoever ha my car never even had a temp gauge it was a butt connector with a metal price on the end shoved down the little hole. FML lol. You can buy one from Toyota for cheap if it's the samething as mine was.
icemen39
QUOTE (JuMPiiN @ Jul 13, 2010 - 12:58 AM) *
I'll take a pic of mine tmo, whoever ha my car never even had a temp gauge it was a butt connector with a metal price on the end shoved down the little hole. FML lol. You can buy one from Toyota for cheap if it's the samething as mine was.

thats why im thinking its the gauge itself cuz my gauge lights went out before and i took the cluster out and i had to bend all the taps so it could get a connection.
icemen39
QUOTE (JuMPiiN @ Jul 13, 2010 - 12:58 AM) *

thats why im thinking its the gauge itself cuz my gauge lights went out before and i took the cluster out and i had to bend all the taps so it could get a connection.
icemen39
all fixed. smile.gif i took out the cluster and moved the temp gauge needle up and down and then took a screw driver and kinda pryed the bade of the needle and it popped. put it all back together and it works now. so the needle caught on somethign im assuming? anyways problem solved!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.