Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need opinions
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Tsizzles98
so my 98 celica gt is closing up on the 280,000 mile mark, stock engine
and hers want i want to do very soon
rebult the engine of coarse. new seals, bearings, pumps, yada yada yada, the usual
but i want to bore it 20 over, get 20 over forged pistions. forged rods, and high performance bearings, if i can find em
, get the head port and polished, although because of the motor design it wont make much of a difference.after all this i want to boost it, with the extra displacement i could use for boosting.
and i wont be running a ridiclous amount of boost, a tasteful 8-13 lbs
but my question is, getting bored, will that weekend my cylinder walls to the point that boosting it could cause some problems?
other than that, thats all i wanna do, i dont have the money for a 3sgte swap which i would love to do.
but does all this sound reasonable or am i being a high hope ricer? haha
thanks
Smaay
well here is some helpful info. use OEM main journal bearings, they will be just fine. have the crank machined to accept 3S-GTE rods. they are cheap, ample supply and high performance bearings are available. having the block machined 20 over and pistons is not a huge problem.

what i suggest is calling ATS racing www.atsracing.net and they can supply you with all the parts necessary. you are not the first person to do this.

good luck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.