Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Horn/Airbag Help PLS
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
captb
ok, i've been searching for an answer to my problem and the one the seems most similar is what happened to Griffgirl. Ever since i had the car the airbag light was on. I replaced the steering wheel to a 7gen about a year ago but i noticed that only in the past few months my horn is not working. it was working when i first made the swap though. I bought an aftermarket horn and replaced the 7.5amp fuse and it is still not working. I am sure that i did the steering wheel swap correctly as i have never had problems with tension of the clockspring but im thinking that maybe just the age of the clockspring has caused it to fail. Should I be replacing the horn relay or the clockspring or is there another component i am missing. Also, i did remove the airbag to verify the wiring of the horn to the steering wheel was correct and it was. Id very much appreciate any help. Thanks.
captb
anyone?
blu94gt
I'd try the horn relay first, that's a pretty easy and cheap fix. Maybe test the horn switch too, I've seen just the switch be bad. The only experience I have with a broken clockspring is from another tech I worked with, he broke it when replacing a steering wheel and it would make intermittent connections as you turned the wheel, so we'd drive down the street and turn the wheel to the left and the horn would honk, etc. Not saying that's typical, but that's the limit of my experience with them.
captb
QUOTE (blu94gt @ Jul 16, 2010 - 1:09 PM) *
I'd try the horn relay first, that's a pretty easy and cheap fix. Maybe test the horn switch too, I've seen just the switch be bad. The only experience I have with a broken clockspring is from another tech I worked with, he broke it when replacing a steering wheel and it would make intermittent connections as you turned the wheel, so we'd drive down the street and turn the wheel to the left and the horn would honk, etc. Not saying that's typical, but that's the limit of my experience with them.

thanks. im getting a used relay off a member here. but could you clarify on the horn switch? is the switch on the horn itself or on the steering wheel or something?
blu94gt
QUOTE (captb @ Jul 16, 2010 - 10:20 PM) *
QUOTE (blu94gt @ Jul 16, 2010 - 1:09 PM) *

thanks. im getting a used relay off a member here. but could you clarify on the horn switch? is the switch on the horn itself or on the steering wheel or something?

Ah sorry forgot to respond. The switch on the steering wheel itself.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.