Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ignition Coil on a 94 gt
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
PolliS_5S-FE
title says it.

Also if i can change it will i need to remove the whole dizzy to do it?
is there a write up? Or even a quick how to would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul
stwin2
i think you have to replace the whole distributer
SleekCelica
You have to remove the dizzy, but you don't have to replace it. when you take the cap off, you'll see the ignition coil. There will be 2 nuts holding the wires on, and 4 phillips head screws on the bottom holding the coil to the distributor(you can't access those screws with the distributor on, that's why you need to take it off) and then boom, the ignition coil comes right out. I've got a spare coil if yours is fed speced.
PolliS_5S-FE
oh good. Really glad i dont need to get a whole new dizzy as i just replaced the cap and the rotor 3 days ago. Ill have to check what type is needed and see how much they are around here as im in Nz lol. Thanks Sleek, thats exactly what i was looking for tongue.gif one quick question, ive noticed alot of oil in the dizzy, on the bottom mainly.. when i take it off will i need to replace the engine oil?
stephen_lee
no, but replace the oil seal
PolliS_5S-FE
is that the distributor gasket?
stephen_lee
no. its probly called oil seal, or oring... diff from the gasket
PolliS_5S-FE
ok, thanks for all the help
SleekCelica
It's an O-ring on the distributor shaft(on the side that connects with the camshaft). You can't miss it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.