Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question on motor swap
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
dirtcelica
I got a 97 ST 5spd that i use in a circle track. i can constantly finish in the top 5 with a few 2nd place finish's but the 1.8 just aint got the pull i need so i was wondering how hard is it to do a 4age swap and will it bolt up to my ST transmission? also what all i would need to make it run (wiring,ecu,etc.etc)take into mind i only need it to run i use aftermarket gauges to make sure it doesnt get hot or what rpms im running.....so all i really need is it to run dont need dash cluster or any of that really.
stephen_lee
4age bolts up to tranny & ur frame fine. you need the ecu & uncut wiring harness. you can send both harnesses to dr tweak on here and he will make it plug n play
dirtcelica
ok so i guess my question is i would have to cut and splice both harnesses together just gettin an uncut harness for the 4age and ecu wont make it run in my car take into mind i dont need nothin but the motor to run...
stephen_lee
yes you will need to splice the two together, unless you want to run both harnesses and still splice some wires

OR you can send both harnesses to dr tweak and he will do the wiring for you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.