Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This header will fit, right?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
HectortheRican
I know it'll fit my 7A, but it doesn't have the little "will fit Celica" fine print so I just wanna clear it before I spend money on it because that put the 0.01% of doubt in my mind that'll make me uneasy. Thanks guys.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYOTA-CORO...sQ5fAccessories
Tech-Nics
Yes that will fit your ST. The engines are the same...but I'm sure you already knew that wink.gif
samir0189
isnt this the one that ends up like 2 inches short from bolting to the existing flange under the car??
benzo
QUOTE (samir0189 @ Jul 19, 2010 - 2:25 PM) *
isnt this the one that ends up like 2 inches short from bolting to the existing flange under the car??

yup. hes gonna have to weld and or make an extension.
HectortheRican
QUOTE (samir0189 @ Jul 19, 2010 - 1:25 PM) *

All the 7a headers do lol. A local exhaust shop will do the job to make it fit for $30.

Thanks guys!

QUOTE (Tech-Nics @ Jul 19, 2010 - 1:00 PM) *
The engines are the same...but I'm sure you already knew that wink.gif

I sense sarcasm, sir. Lol tongue.gif
Cs91
Mine did not fit against the block, because the oil filter was in the way, so i couldn't get the header close enough to the block to get it tight.
cheela
hmm... never heard that happening before. Was yours like that one too? there's a bunch of them on ebay. never really know which is a good one though.
Cs91
QUOTE (cheela @ Jul 19, 2010 - 4:01 PM) *
hmm... never heard that happening before. Was yours like that one too? there's a bunch of them on ebay. never really know which is a good one though.

Mine was the JDM racing one
Bitter
you must have gotten a wrong one then or be using a larger/longer than stock filter.
rave2n
My ebay headers from Race daddy or some junk like that, bolted right to the block. As said, it was short from the second cat, and had to have it welded. Cost me 75 bucks.
mgnt232
mine was from race daddy too! but mine was a worse fitment lol.
All the holes on the header to the block were too small, had to drill them out. came out about 8" short from the 2nd cat, and I had to cut off the piece at the very end of the downpipe, because the "in" on the cat is 1.75" and the piece at the end of the headers downpipe is 2". So I had to cut it off to make it sit flush, and just used some cheap exhaust sealer and extended the pipe obviously.
If you do it your self it ends up a $20 project for piping and sealant smile.gif. but it is a pain! so if you have the money go to an exhaust shop, but if not its not tooo hard, just need the time, and I can tell you exactly what I had to do, which save alot! of time.
youngboy815
QUOTE (HectortheRican @ Jul 19, 2010 - 11:37 AM) *
I know it'll fit my 7A, but it doesn't have the little "will fit Celica" fine print so I just wanna clear it before I spend money on it because that put the 0.01% of doubt in my mind that'll make me uneasy. Thanks guys.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYOTA-CORO...sQ5fAccessories

I think so laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.