Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Power deck spacer
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
HectortheRican
I've seen the vincent_doggy one, it looks neat and from what he says, better throttle response, but alas, I don't have the 3SGE frown.gif I was wondering if it'd be any benefit at all to get a custom-made one for a 7A? Also, since the 7A's aren't sitting at such an angle like the S motors are, wouldn't it stick out too much for the hood to clear?
Rusty
It wont fit the 7A, what would the intake spacer space out??. The 3S-GE uses ACIS in the intake system. You'd have to fit the 3S intake manifold up to the 7A motor, for it to work.

"aiming to increase the air capacity of the air surge tank around the quad throttle area. Simply by adding this part, torque and power increased across the rev range, with a peak of 10hp gained on Zero-1000's test vehicle!"

Spider77
I think he was asking if it would be worth it to get one for the 7A custom made. Custom usually means money, so unless your doing it on your own, Id say probably not. Then there was the question of hood clearance....
HectortheRican
QUOTE (Spider77 @ Jul 20, 2010 - 4:31 PM) *
I think he was asking if it would be worth it to get one for the 7A custom made. Custom usually means money, so unless your doing it on your own, Id say probably not. Then there was the question of hood clearance....

Yup, that was my question. Haha. It was just a random thought I had and wanted some feedback. Thanks!
Tony-B
Sorry to sound like a tool, but does this fit between the intake manifold and the head?
Rusty
QUOTE (Spider77)

Fair enough, was pointing out that getting the spacer alone, would not improve throttle response HectortheRican wanted

QUOTE (Tony-B)
Sorry to sound like a tool, but does this fit between the intake manifold and the head?

goes on the intake manifold, you take the top cover of your ACIS chamber and it goes there

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.