Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3sgte front crankshaft seal
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Soulend
hey guys... I went to replace my crankshaft seal on my 3rd gen 3sgte and found this metal ring inside of it... I accedently bent it pulling the seal out. it can be fixed easily.

but my question is:

my replacement seal didnt come with this so do I need it? or is it some part that can be thrown away?

it came out relatively easily from the old seal but seems to not want to fit at all in the new one... any tips?

thanks
Soul
presure2
was that on the outside of the seal? or behind it? ive never seen one like that before.
Soulend
thanks for replying man,

it was in it... and Ive have a few people say the same thing... I'm really thinking about just skipping it because I don't want to ruin the new seal trying to get it in.

Soul
Soulend
This is it sitting in the old seal, its not perfect but it shows what it looked like

Soul
(haha forgot the picture)
presure2
yea, i've never seen one like it..lol is the new seal an OEM part? if so, and it didnt come with the metal ring, i would leave it out.
Soulend
Id assume it is lol, I got it from Kbox! cool, Ill go ahead and oil it up then put it in. Thanks for the help!

Soul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.