Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Small picture recolection of latest mods
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Multimedia
Pages: 1, 2
Culpable04
Big thanks to Jim and Joe for their help, couldn't have done it without them.

Short exhaust clip !
Another one

before anyone ask

I have no power figures on the setup yet.

as for issues, so far i've had a bad trans ( replaced ) bad axle seals ( replaced ) and my latest discovery, a bad rear main seal, which I'll replace this coming saturday hopefully.

right nwo the car runs amazingly, still at stock boost, but it feels like a F-16 compare to my super 7a auto setup,

the setup is as follows,

3rd gen 3sgte
MR2 LSD trans
ATS cam gears
Berk tech downpipe
Tein coilovers
TRD short shifter
ACT heavy duty pressure plate with F1 racing Stage 4 sprung disc
Magnaflow high flow cat
Vibrant performance resonator
Skunk2 muffler
3 inch piping all the way back under the rear suspension

still have to install Blitz EBC and HKS FconV and water injection, but I"ll do that after I correct my leak isuue.

Paint used on the engine is VHT flat blackmost parts were cured in an Oven, except for turbo and throttle body.
Johnnyny
black turbo looks good! wat happened to dat super air filter the blitz one? nice

Culpable04
lightweight flywheel

clutch / pressure palte

Cam Gears

Blitz Drop in air filter
Culpable04
there were a lot of small modifications I did to the car during the swap

this is one of them.
Another mod !

I have since change it a little, now when I turn them off, my wideband stays on, as I read on the manual that is a bad practice to run the engine with no power to the wideband.
JuMPiiN
The black is nasty. I didnt know you could powdercoat a turbo.
mak5603
QUOTE (JuMPiiN @ Aug 10, 2010 - 11:22 AM) *
The black is nasty. I didnt know you could powdercoat a turbo.

You can, but he said he painted his. Looks real good culp! smile.gif Let me know how it is, my car is headed in a very similair direction very soon.
presure2
awesome stevenson, congrats. smile.gif
rave2n
Very nice! Do love the black paint in those areas, much much cleaner looking.
CelicaZR
Good work Stevenson biggrin.gif
Your Car has come a long way smile.gif
Culpable04
thanks guys, the car is almost where I want it so after oil leak and a few parts left to be installed, the only thign left will be a fresh paint job which I'll get over the course of the winter.

RPM video

ordered everything needed for Saturday, and fingers crossed will go smooth. meanwhile I'll be topping the oil and enjoying it.

the car is driven daily to work ( ~ 90 miles of highway ) with no issues, occasional boost and enjoyment.
mgnt232
wow! congrats man! Looks real good biggrin.gif have fun, and drive safe tongue.gif
I cant wait to do a 3SGTE swap smile.gif that will becoming next summer smile.gif
Fate
it's about time. awesome bro.
Culpable04
this week's feature mod is

those pictures are just a mock up, I'll need to mod it a little to accomodate my exhaust but nothing too major, once fitted I will extend it to reach at least to the rear suspension crossmember.

total cost of this so far US$45.00

tongue.gif
presure2
nice stevenson, thats gonna look SWEET.
jcbass7
Agreed, that rear valence looks awesome. Where is it from?
Culpable04
2006 Corvette biggrin.gif
SwissFerdi
That IS going to look awesome. Imagine how that'd look on my car with SS-III splitters up front? bowdown.gif
jcbass7
QUOTE (Culpable04 @ Sep 13, 2010 - 8:43 PM) *
2006 Corvette biggrin.gif

haha nice! my buddy has an 06 vette... i better not get any ideas
freddy121389
kinda what your rears gonna look like
Culpable04
tomorrow I'll finish this, I fully modified both sides, the corvette diffuser was a little too long, so I cut it in half and took the excess of the middle, I have to do some major cutting due to my exhaust, but it's ready to be welded and bolted on.

I ran out of light so didn't get to take pictures of the whole thing, only have pictures of the driver side
enjoy

SwissFerdi
Damn that looks good.
Defgeph
Thats a cool idea. Can't wait to see it finished
Johnnyny
looking good!
mak5603
Lookin real good man! I love good looking custom touches.
cjh4l22
hey culp, looking good. especially like the 'vette rear lip. question for ya.. how'd you plug the front hole on the transmission where the shift linkage came out of for the mr2?
Culpable04
is done, I mean, prototype-wise, as of right now is held by zip ties and duct tape lol

tested to see if it was held properly at highways speeds and is perfectly attached, no noises from it, no shakes no nothing, is like the car didn't have it, but it feels a lot smoother at highway speeds.

here are some crappy pictures, my hands were dirty so didn't touch our real camera.

HectortheRican
LOL @ the duct tape wall! laugh.gif laugh.gif

You gotta do what you gotta do, true resourcefulness. I can't wait to see the finished product!
Culpable04
I have everything needed to make it nice looking, but I didn't wanna make it permanent yet, so duct tape was the choice, as if I need to make small chances, is easy, real easy. so it'll be duct tape for at least a week as a test, if everything checks out, I'll pull it out and make it pretty. and the pictures were in process, so it doesn't even look as nice as it is right now.

the final stage of it as of right now is pretty pretty good, hopefully by the time my wife gets home we still have some daylight so she can take good pictures of it.

it honestly look stock, except for where my exhaust violated it lol

Culpable04
not the greatest picture, but you get the idea

so far, no issues, enough room to not get burn / melted by the exhaust, and no rattling, shaking or weird noises from it.

cheela
looks nice. but what happened to your skirts????
cheela
double post
Culpable04
the skirt got ripped off on the highway by unknown object, I went back and picked it up, needless to say, it needs some repair, but it'll be back on soon enough
cheela
ouch! but at least you picked it back up. LOL.
Culpable04

I enhanced the colors and cut most of the picture, you can see more of the diffuser, the gaps on the body lines will be filled and the duct tape will be removed and that area will be fiberglass and painted black. but after a week of driving, no issue with rattles or weird sounds, so no more modification is needed.

playr158
I like the progress going on here!
got ur FB message and saw it, looks pretty good bud!
whatthe
Love what your doing, the diffuser looks awesome
Tigawoods
yup love it
Culpable04
Thanks guys, now I'm just looking for the time to finish it and make it look nice, the duct tape is not noticed unless you really get down, but still should be fiberglassed, it''ll be relatively easy as I just need one layer of fiberglass to smooth edges and paint over.

I will also try to get better pictures this week
HectortheRican
Oh man, I can't wait to see it all finished. I love subtle custom work.
Culpable04
diffuser was taken down Sunday, and today I laid the first coat of fiberglass, it's drying now, later tonight or tomorrow I'll do hte thin coat to fill the small joints and such, then prime and paint.

I'll be painting it black, it's a rubber paint meant for stock black rubber bumpers so it'll look just black, I'll be adding a " toyota " lettering symbol I found which fits perfectly and will give it that " oem " touch
Culpable04
I did this a few weeks ago, so time to feel you guys in.

after over a year of dri8ving with my ST205 front disc conversion with cheap disc and OEM pads, I felt it was time to upgrade the components, so Bremdo Slotted disc and hawk brake pads along with DOT4 brake fluid.

the difference between cheap and good disc can be felt, braking is much smother now, I don't feel the slight unevenness felt with most slotted disc, now to the pads, hawk pads felt tricky, took some time to get used to, they don't bite as hard as OEM with cold, but once they are up to temperature they are super aggresive, so my whole braking tech is a little different now but I love the new setup.

on the diffuser, is done, but due to weather conditions I'm not installing it back till spring time. I'll make the post more interesting with some pictures sometime.

playr158
I LOVE my hawk HPS pads...not to mention they have a super long life even with slotted rotors.

which hawks did you get?
Culpable04
Hawk HPS ( high Performance Street )

they are quieter than the stock ones, and it took some time to get use to them, as I was pressing the brakes too hards because of the initial feel when they are cold, then tyhey would come up to temperature and I would be stopping harder than desired, but once I got use to them I love them, definately will buy again whenever thsese wear out.

I'm ordering a set for the rear ST205 brake conversion, once that's installed that should really slow things down.
Culpable04
after the accident, the car has sat for a while, but just a week ago I finally had some free time to pick up a new shell.
I have already started to work on it, small stuff, as the storm is keeping me from tearing into the engine compartment.

as of right now, interior is back together on the shell, ST205 fuel pump installed ( it came with a walbro which is noisier )

next week I'll be swapping the brakes and suspension, basically leaving the car ready just waiting for the engine to be dropped in.

I have also installed most of the water injection system in the new chassis.

I have no pictures to show at this time, but soon I will, I only work on the car 1 hr a day as time is not abundant, but this should hit the road pretty soon.
Tigawoods
i need to come by and see it when its all back together. havent seen your celica for 3 years or so
spy00005
Yo Culp good to hear that its coming along slow and steady is just fine. these last 2 weeks ive been doing small stuff to my car one day at a time rushing usually never gets you the results you want. any plans on the new one now that your working on it anyway, any changes in mind?

well keep us posted.
Culpable04

before anyone points it out, I didn't remove all the tubing and such, why ? well, it won't be seen anyways, my point was just to even out the color and cover some scratches in the metal to avoid rusting. tomorrow, I should have a picture with more stuff in the way. biggrin.gif
Culpable04

spy00005
no spoiler less this time? nice wheels give me the set ur not keeping biggrin.gif j/k
Culpable04
enkei's are staying on, OZ are not a complete setup so they'll stay as spares because they clear my brakes unlike the OEM spare wheel. spoiler is getting painted along with a scratch on the hood. car drives solid and firm.

need some more driving time to make sure everything is as is suppose to, but I guess tomorrow will have an answer biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.