Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CUSTOM RAM COLD AIR INTAKE???
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
CELICA735
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION WHERE I CAN GET THESE PARTS I WANT TO RUN THE INTAKE DOWN BELOW THE BATTERY AND OUT THE FRONT GRILLE ANY IDEAS???

mak5603
all you need is piping, couplers, and a filter for a custom setup, or get one of those chromeintakes CAIs from ebay, i believe they do what you are looking for.
HectortheRican
Use the search function bro. I had this exact post not even a week ago. Find it.
SwissFerdi
WELL BRO, IT'S PRETTY EASY TO RAM MORE AIR INTO YOUR ENGINE, MUCH LIKE IT'S EASY TO RAM YOUR TEXT INTO MY BRAIN BECAUSE IT'S IN CAPS!

There's more than enough information on this site regarding intakes, so search and get to reading! thumbsup.gif
CELICA735
thanks fellas sorry about the caps at work and i do everything in caps cuz of the system i work with i have an idea of course but does anyone have a step by step or dimensions on how to get this accomplished also whats the name of the piece that comes out the car? (i know stupid question right)
HectortheRican
QUOTE (SwissFerdi @ Aug 10, 2010 - 1:33 PM) *
WELL BRO, IT'S PRETTY EASY TO RAM MORE AIR INTO YOUR ENGINE, MUCH LIKE IT'S EASY TO RAM YOUR TEXT INTO MY BRAIN BECAUSE IT'S IN CAPS!

Dude like 90% of you're posts are hilarious. I love it
SwissFerdi
QUOTE (CELICA735 @ Aug 10, 2010 - 2:40 PM) *
thanks fellas sorry about the caps at work and i do everything in caps cuz of the system i work with i have an idea of course but does anyone have a step by step or dimensions on how to get this accomplished also whats the name of the piece that comes out the car? (i know stupid question right)

The intake cone (or filter) is the piece that will actually be sucking in air. Basically, there's not a step-by-step on this site, you have to piece together your own kit. There is plenty of information here on the right filters and the right kits, you just have to route the piping yourself. What I would suggest is just getting out to your car and doing it. Remove the stock airbox and intake hose, and then buy some piping and couplers at a local auto store and start routing the pipes.

Also, there are two types of intake setups: short ram intake (SRI) and cold air intake (CAI). Generally, ram air intakes are short and basically only allow a bit more air than the stock airbox. They're easier to route because you don't have to ensure that the filter is getting cold air, so a short pipe is used and therefore, it's a lot less work. With a CAI (like you're trying to accomplish), you have to place the filter so it can access cold air, and often, this requires more piping.
CELICA735
ok let me clearfy a little i know the difference btw cold air and short ram i have installed both but never custom anyway i want to know the name of the piece that sticks outside of the car because i will be routing it out of the fron bumper and i realize i need or should have an air bypass i just really didnt know if anyone had done this on here or not to see plus i didnt really know where i could get the piping but that you guys answered much appreciated i just cant find the name of that piece so i can get everything at once?
HectortheRican
There's a piece that sticks into the fender from the engine bay. Not sure what it's called, but you have to remove your fuse/relay box to get to it. There's also the intake box resonator which sits right behind the LH fender. You need to take out the LH fender liner to get to it.
CELICA735
thanks hector i know what you mean but i already have a short ram intake installed thats not what i am talking about its so frustating i wish i could upload a pic but i cant from work maybe when i get home ill post one its more like a flange or something instead of the pipe hanging out of the front bumper?
HectortheRican
??? yeah definitely take a picture when you can.
CELICA735
yeah i will i have some just cant upload from here i will get back on later and post it for sure that piece is hard to find especially if you dont know the name but thanks for letting me know where i can get the piping and couplers i diff needed to find that out good look.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.