Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: swap 5sfe for V6? Info please
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
match220
Hey guys,
I tried using the search feature but apparently I can't search on the terms "Celica" and "V6" because "V6" it is not at least 3 characters, I used the search..sorry if I'm posting something that's been posted before. If anyone can direct me to a good thread to read I'll gladly delete this if I'm reposting something that is already all over the forums. Thanks!

I have too many expensive parts to buy for my Gen III 3s that is in my Celica right now (Garrett turbo, and turbo components) and I don't have the cash to do it since I would need upwards of $2k. So my plan is to sell my engine as is for about $4k with all of the performance parts I have for it, and all with the machining I had done to the block for the overbore. Then buy a V6 known to fit in the Celica and be done with it. There is an insurance auto salvage yard I use to get engines that I put into other people cars, so I'll get whatever engine I need from there, I just don't know what V6 has the motor mounts that match up (if any) or what V6 bolts into my stock celica manual tranny (if any, or if I need the tranny that goes with said V6). Who has done a V6 swap into theirs? Is there a thread that lists the circumvented issues? I know I'm losing a great deal of money by selling my Gen III, and I don't want to, but I have to do something, and I would like to sell the car I'm driving around now and have the Celica running again. So are there any VZ, MZ, GR family engines that are known to fit? I would love to drop a 3.3 3MZ in my celica..oh yeah. I would suspect that the engine would have to be on the ground and the car lifted and dropped on the engine, then the engine raised in order for it to fit. Please, anyone with more info chime in. Thanks guys! God bless!!!
match220
Nevermind, I found all of the info I need, just to some searching. One of the mods can delete this.
stephen_lee
3mz will fit. find one w/o the immobilizer. all v6 will bolt to the same trannies as the S series engines

if you go with an e153 you need ST205 front and rear mount, stock inner axles, st185 outter axles, maybe a spacer (depends on your particular car apparently)
if you stay with the stock 5sfe trans (s54) use stock mounts and axles
all V6 need a custom passenger mount

3mz will take a lot of wiring (or dr tweak)
match220
QUOTE (stephen_lee @ Sep 1, 2010 - 2:05 PM) *
3mz will take a lot of wiring (or dr tweak)

that's ok, I'm comfortable with wiring, I have to make my own harness anyway for the autronic that I plan to run on it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.