Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The stig is dead long live the stig
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
yarik83
So apparently earning 5-10 thousand pounds and driving exotic cars is not enough for a tame racing driver. Apparently spoiled by greed and inability to capitalize on his fame as "the stig" said driver decided to write some sort of autobiography and after a major lawsuit BBC was unable to preserve anonymity of the character. Naturally according to the contract once Stig's identity is revealed and or leaked, he or she or it will be replaced with a new Stig.

So my hat is off to white stig for being a good sport before greed got to him.

Next season is around the corner and according to BBC character will be making a return opening speculation for who might possibly be the new Stig.

SwissFerdi
Remember how they killed the black Stig at the end of season two, I believe? I hope they do the same thing to him, but except they really let that guy drown this time.

In other news...I bet my life's worth that the next Stig will either be red or silver.
Hanyo
i really liked the white stig.

but stigs time on top gear has come to an end. His fasted lap time was beat by an f1 driver. So i would assume it would not be bad timing to get an even faster driver in there in place of the stig.
Tom_SS2
some say the next Stig will be a girl and she'll be wearing a a pink race suit but all we'll know is they'll be call the The Stig

if it is a girl my bet is Sabine Schmitz
njccmd2002
what is a stig? I have no clue.
yarik83
Either you are being silly or you have spent last 20 years in the dark under a rock covered by a blue tarp. Top gear is only the most watched show in the world about cars. Hosted by Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond and of course the Stig.

If you have not watched that show.. drop everything that you are doing and order every single episode 2003+ on netflix. you will not be disappointed.
njccmd2002
LOL, let me hide the tarp.

ill you tube it.
SwissFerdi
Netflix? Screw that. There are torrent packs with every season available in one download. x2 on the tarp comment though...let me add to it that said tarp was probably covered by a rock, and said rock-covered tarp was situated underwater.
HectortheRican
Man, I liked the white Stig! Well, hopefully they get a faster guy, eh?
NgoFcukinWay
they should make one of the other stigs permanent. Like his Green cousin, or American cousin, or Truck Driving cousin, or something. lol
Tom_SS2
QUOTE (NgoFcukinWay @ Sep 3, 2010 - 5:00 AM) *
they should make one of the other stigs permanent. Like his Green cousin, or American cousin, or Truck Driving cousin, or something. lol

didn't the green Stig die?

was trying to find footage on You Pube and stumbled across the worst strip tease ever laugh.gif http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqYtlSZSAyg
NgoFcukinWay
I think he did. but they're The Stig. They should resurrect him. lol
Random_Stranger
When they run out of colors and eventually have Translucent Stig, then you know it is going to be a Predator and not a human.
Supersprynt
This is the same thing that happened with the first Stig, Perry McCarthy. He was found out, then confirmed it in an autobiography. The black Stig was promptly "killed off."

Undoubtedly, this will be what happens to the current Stig, Ben Collins. Granted, probably a couple people have put on the white suit for different stunts, etc. Maybe they'll go back to using black, or British racing green.
Stambo
the black stig is back!
Tom_SS2
we've had black, we've had white, next one needs to be a shade of grey like gun metal or graphite
Hanyo
rainbow stig.
Stambo
i saw a video of the black stig coming out of the ocean and running onto the beach... just saying
celicanice
in all fairness the stig's reasons are sound.
all the other 3 cast members have made millions of pounds supposedly.
100k-200k vs 1million+.
Tom_SS2
QUOTE (celicanice @ Sep 8, 2010 - 5:20 PM) *
in all fairness the stig's reasons are sound.
all the other 3 cast members have made millions of pounds supposedly.
100k-200k vs 1million+.

i don't agree, the Stig is not a man he an icon, he does no presenting etc, it could be anyone under the helmet it does not matter, Ben Collins is not the Stig, Ben Collins is Ben Collins former race driver, swimmer, soldier, stuntman etc he played the Stig but is not the Stig
Culpable04
the same complain is everywhere once people find out how much the " other " is making.
when you sign up for a job the salary is part of the offer, if you consider your services worth more, negotiate a better salary BEFORE signing up, not a year later when you find out someone else is making more and get mad about it.

He has no right of being mad at the fact that someone else is making more than him, he was fine with that money when the offer was presented to him, there should have been no crying now.

yarik83
Stig does not present as previously mentioned. His entire character gets maybe 1min 30s air time on the show. Other 3 are shown (minus commercials) at least for 43 minutes of commercial free show time either together or separately. Should stig have "more" presence on the show? Only if he races more cars. If Stig were to talk or his personality revealed every episode, he might as well be a Steve or a Bob because there are thousands of talented drivers out there who would give their left testicle to earn 5-10 thousand pounds 10-13 times per year. Idea behind Stig is that audience keeps guessing. It also eliminated the eeky feeling when a driver is revealed that nobody even heard of outside of race series fans. Not like Michael Shumacher... well take that back.. that one was cool as hell.. but you know what im trying to say... not like they reveal a super super super star of motor racing on a weekly basis as "the stig" of that week.

I think whoever is the next stig needs to negotiate a proper contract that benefits him as much as it does other presenters. Just think about it... do we really care who is behind Elmo? or Big Bird or Barney? Do we really care who is behind costume of a power ranger? We celebrate the character and not a guy behind it.

This is what I think really happened.

35 year old drivers usually retire by time they are 40. So he was on his way out anyways. It was recommended to him that "royalties" from his autobiography and all exit interviews will yield him more than he would have earned as a Stig. BBC of course benefits either way cause their ratings just went up through the roof and I bet so did viewership base.
Tom_SS2
new Stig

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/stig-fa...010-11-5?ref=nf
Johnnyny
Stig farm is awesome lo
epocsirhc
Thats AWESOME!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.