Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: great news!!! for me atleast
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Justin8358
i just got a new job!
now im making more money!
i can finally start doing what i want to the celica!

gonna start looking into all wheal drive and engine swaps
chances are thats the last thing ill do tho
so in the meantime bodywork,
carbon fiber hatch and hood
paint
under glow
redo the stereo
interior
rims
body kit
exhaust
LOWER IT

im not to shure what order ima do all this in
but its gonna be sweet!!

this is gonna be the progress thread

the car as it sits now

BonzaiCelica
AWD huh and in California with a 3sgte or are you bluffing? hey man I'm glad to hear that you've found a good job with good pay congrats. I'm actually on the same boat, trying to get a job as an accountant for the state board. after that my celica mods will start as well wish me luck. It would be nice to see an awd 3sgte swapped celica here in California!!! lets see if you beat random stranger to it????
Justin8358
no way am i bluffing man
my goal is to have a beast!!
are you planing on doing a swap to?
mkernz22
my question to you is how are you going to pass all those cali emission tests & sh!t they have over there, with a 3sgte?
i think it's going to be kind of hard
Justin8358
i hove 2 friends who know people who work at smog shops
if not then i guess ill just have to swap to a different, legal engine in
rave2n
Couldn't a MR2 version of 3sgte USDM pass?

Like the enthusiasm..go at it man!
mkernz22
well arent you a lucky guy that knows some people haha
Justin8358
QUOTE (rave2n @ Sep 8, 2010 - 8:09 PM) *
Couldn't a MR2 version of 3sgte USDM pass?

Like the enthusiasm..go at it man!

probably...
ill look into it

QUOTE (mkernz22 @ Sep 8, 2010 - 8:11 PM) *
well arent you a lucky guy that knows some people haha

haha
yeah it pays to know people
BonzaiCelica
haha yea if you want to know how to pass smog i think you should talk to urbandork he's has a 3rd gen 3sgte in his celica. we are actually having a small 6gc meet this upcoming 18th. I'll ask him for you in person about his smog situation or just shoot him a pm. if you want your car to be a beast a 2nd gen 3sgte will do its justice but at 200hp in stock form that wouldn't consider your 6th gen gt-4 conversion a beast now would it??!

yea I'm doing a 4th gen 3sge swap.
HectortheRican
QUOTE (BonzaiCelica @ Sep 8, 2010 - 11:57 PM) *

I wanna do the same. And maybe, just mayyyybe, turbo it. I'd like to see a BEAMS turbo. Hmmm...
Johnnyny
beams turbo is sin sir
JuMPiiN
QUOTE (BonzaiCelica @ Sep 8, 2010 - 7:25 PM) *
AWD huh and in California with a 3sgte or are you bluffing? hey man I'm glad to hear that you've found a good job with good pay congrats. I'm actually on the same boat, trying to get a job as an accountant for the state board. after that my celica mods will start as well wish me luck. It would be nice to see an awd 3sgte swapped celica here in California!!! lets see if you beat random stranger to it????

Theres one for sale in the for sale section......

Congrats on the job, I just got a better job as well.
BonzaiCelica
naw too much work to be done, you wouldnt want to mess with an engine thats hard to find parts for. turboing it would be a nono in my book, I love the sound of high reving n/a engines!!! not such a fan of turbo in a ff car, torque steer wheel hop....
njccmd2002
be careful dont be like me and piss money away.. lol.. I love ebay!
Ted95
QUOTE (HectortheRican @ Sep 9, 2010 - 2:56 AM) *
I wanna do the same. And maybe, just mayyyybe, turbo it. I'd like to see a BEAMS turbo. Hmmm...

im prettyy sure you cant turbo the beams. i mean you can but there would b not point in doing so because you would have to rip the motor about and put 3sgTe pistons and such in it and i think even the 3sgte head bc the Beams compression is to high to handle a turbo, you would have to lower the comepression by adding 3rd gen internals to lower the compression.. so basically u would have a 3sge beams block with a 3sgte head and pistons... you wouldnt make anymore power then you would with the 3rd gen 3sgte im pretty sure. you would just waste more money on buying pistons and all that fun stuff then you would if you just swapped in the 3rd gen 3sgte..

feel free to correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure i have the jist of it there lol..

not tryin to shut ur dreams down lol feel free to do it if you have the money to throw around.
JuMPiiN
QUOTE (Ted95 @ Sep 9, 2010 - 11:20 PM) *
QUOTE (HectortheRican @ Sep 9, 2010 - 2:56 AM) *

im prettyy sure you cant turbo the beams. i mean you can but there would b not point in doing so because you would have to rip the motor about and put 3sgTe pistons and such in it and i think even the 3sgte head bc the Beams compression is to high to handle a turbo, you would have to lower the comepression by adding 3rd gen internals to lower the compression.. so basically u would have a 3sge beams block with a 3sgte head and pistons... you wouldnt make anymore power then you would with the 3rd gen 3sgte im pretty sure. you would just waste more money on buying pistons and all that fun stuff then you would if you just swapped in the 3rd gen 3sgte..

feel free to correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure i have the jist of it there lol..

not tryin to shut ur dreams down lol feel free to do it if you have the money to throw around.

Theres a MR2 on Mr2.oc with a turbo'd BEAMS. Not really sure what he did but its boosted running about 12psi.
Rusty
Yes you can turbo a BEAMS engine, you guys have turboed a 7A and a 5S, anything is possible... with deep pockets

If you put a 3sgte head on you would have lost the vvti. Also if you had the turbo motor next to you, and your putting parts onto an NA motor to turbo it, why not just swap the turbo motor in?
Justin8358
QUOTE (BonzaiCelica @ Sep 9, 2010 - 12:57 AM) *
haha yea if you want to know how to pass smog i think you should talk to urbandork he's has a 3rd gen 3sgte in his celica. we are actually having a small 6gc meet this upcoming 18th. I'll ask him for you in person about his smog situation or just shoot him a pm. if you want your car to be a beast a 2nd gen 3sgte will do its justice but at 200hp in stock form that wouldn't consider your 6th gen gt-4 conversion a beast now would it??!

Yeah i'll ask him
I'm shure that smog will be the biggest problem I'll run into
haha
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.