Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cleaning my intake
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
HectortheRican
I have a Fujita Super High Flow intake and I want to clean it. I got on the Fujita website and it said to use lukewarm, soapy water and let air dry. I have 2 questions.

1.) ...what do I actually use to clean it? My hand?

2.) How long would it take on average for an intake filter to air dry?

Thanks!
CelicaGTWolf
You can buy a clean and recharge kit from most auto parts stores that have the cleaning solvent that you spray on and the spray on "oil" to "recharge" the filter. Super easy to do and depending on the weather it could take a couple of hours to dry. Just remember to wash from the inside-out so the water will push stuff out of the filter.
Smaay
id follow OEM instructions. fill a bucket with warm soapy water and just dunuk the filter in it, swish it around. and let it dry for a few hours. dont read into this. its pretty simple
HectortheRican
How long would it take to air dry indoors? I'm living in college dorms, I can't really leave a performance intake filter laying around outside to dry.. lol
SwissFerdi
It's simple...wash the sucker, lay it out, and wait until it's dry. Assuming you were planning to wash it anyway and assuming you have the reasoning power to know that it won't take days to dry, it doesn't matter if it takes an hours or three hours to dry.
4-eyed-freek
i take an old spray bottle with a bit of soap and warm water and spray it on. then wash it in warm water.( i feel the spray bottle cleans better than your hands or a rag lol)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.