Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ST205 Powered COUPE!!!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Ted95
Link to project thread.. 7/9/13

http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=89550

Hey guys for those of you who dont kno me, my names Cameron. As some of you may kno this past march i was deciding on whether to buy and do a Beams swap or a 3rd GEN 3sgte swap. well when buying a set of sideskirts off of Dustin and Stef, i got the privelage of driving both there Beams swap and Dustins 3rd Gen swap. the Beams a very fun car and altho i honestly wasnt used to the power the 3rd gen put out, it was clear to me for the same money i could have a fast and fun 3rd gen.

Sooo... i talked to my friend Manny and asked who to go to for a 3rd gen set and he sent me to Jim and went from there. i actually recieved my motor the same day as Manny did, (since we live 20min from each other, his swap just went a lil faster then mines to complete since ive been going paycheck to paycheck since ive bought the motor to finish everything lol)

so this is what i got from jim and my progress since getting it. (Alot of the pics were just refrence pics for myself as i was going along so sorry of some of the pics r kinda stupid lol)

when it came off the truck..

i didnt buy the set with the TMIC so this is what i really got after Jim took the TM off lol

these are all cellphone pics so srry if quality isnt the best at times

last time the timing belt was done lol reads February 28, 2002 according to vince. and its like roughly 37k miles

then i started to take things apart to clean the motor up a bit and start refreshing it.. i missed out on some pics here and there but here is what i got

took the manifold off and took a page out of Mannys build and shaved the manifold a bit.. didnt take pics while i was doing it tho

after i sanded and clean the manifold b4 paint

Throttle body b4 cleaned and painted

manifold b4 clear coated.. forgot to take a pic when it was finished..

Preparing valve cover

after clear coat

then disaster... as i was taking the AWD tranny off i cracked my upper oil pan just under the clutch dust cover.. (this is my first swap... and ya, i made a mistake lol)

thats next on my list of things to do lol .. its not that bad of a fix tho honestly, it can b fixed with the pan on the motor which is what i will b doing.

new berk 3in fully loaded DP

and as she sits now biggrin.gif

also some other part info..

Mannys old FMIC from his 5FSTE which i will be using for my FM set up
pics upside down lol

resurfaced flywheel

and as for the rest, my water pump should come in tomorrow so i can do my T-belt and pump, IC piping is on its way (2.5in) .. i also have a 3in electric cut out i will be using, a HKS SSQV black BOV, Devils own WI, and a prosport premium boost gauage..

last thing on the list is Tweaks stage 4 6 puck sprung comp clutch (keeping my s54 tranny). and 3" piping for my b-pipe.

the swap should happen towards the end of this month, hopefully in a few weeks or so.

comments and questions if any biggrin.gif
SupraKid
Wow...that looks incredible!!! Cant wait for this thread to continue!
richee3
Nice, Cameron! I've been waiting for this thread. I'll be watching very closely. Great progress so far!
presure2
lookin good cam!
Johnnyny
all right dude repping for coupes lol love the valve cover thumbsup.gif
Ted95
thanks guys! its been alot of fun so far and im soooo close. its been a real learning experience since this is my first time doing a motor swap and doin ghtis kind of stuff and its coming along very well so far. oh ya, and mannnnnnnyyyyyyy questions and research lol. im verrrry close in getting this done, a few more paychecks and there will be another EAST COAST 3SGTE SWAP!!!! biggrin.gif
Defgeph
looks really clean, keep it up
OOBE
That is mint, man! Awesome job! biggrin.gif
Ted95
Water pump and new PS belt came in today, (Thanks Art!) im going to try and change the pump and belts this weekend and work on that dreadful crack lol .. updates by beginning of next week.
mak5603
Looks nice, I will be watching this thread as my car is in the same boat as yours right now. We have gathered many similair parts, I look forward to seeing how it works out. thumbsup.gif
Ted95
QUOTE (mak5603 @ Sep 14, 2010 - 2:18 PM) *
Looks nice, I will be watching this thread as my car is in the same boat as yours right now. We have gathered many similair parts, I look forward to seeing how it works out. thumbsup.gif

thanks man, its a slow process but its getting there. ive been takin this project paycheck to paycheck since i bought the motor back in march. if it wasnt for bills and other **** this thing would b done already lol. but a few more weeks and she will be ready to gooo! biggrin.gif
easternpiro1
NICE!!!

Ted95
not much of an update but this is where the project stands as of now. got my new wires and switch for the cut-out (since i bought it off a friend who lost the wires) recieved my 3in piping for my b-pipe from jegs, still awaiting my IC piping that i ordered like 2 weeks ago, fixed that ugly crack, (pics later) and next i still need to buy the clutch from tweak.
SleekCelica
Coupes, FTW
Stambo
My st185 powered coupe pulls hard, i'm sure yours will pull even harder with a st205!
Ted95
QUOTE (Stambo @ Sep 24, 2010 - 8:08 PM) *
My st185 powered coupe pulls hard, i'm sure yours will pull even harder with a st205!

ya man i cant wait! it should be a fun ride biggrin.gif
mgnt232
ANOTHER east coast 3s! biggrin.gif Im so lucky to live where i do hahaa have had the privilege to see like 6 3s swaps in person biggrin.gif
Great progress, hopefully next summer i can start my swap smile.gif
So ill sure be asking you some questions smile.gif seeing as it will be my first swap as well
luka
interested in selling the factory intake hardware if your not gonna use it?
Ted95
QUOTE (mgnt232 @ Sep 25, 2010 - 2:06 AM) *
ANOTHER east coast 3s! biggrin.gif Im so lucky to live where i do hahaa have had the privilege to see like 6 3s swaps in person biggrin.gif
So ill sure be asking you some questions smile.gif seeing as it will be my first swap as well

ya man def! the east coast is where its at for these bad boys haha, hope to see ur thread as well and the car at the next CSP meet next yr!

QUOTE (luka @ Sep 25, 2010 - 2:58 AM) *
interested in selling the factory intake hardware if your not gonna use it?

as of right now, i will probably be using the factory intake for a verrryy short while until i get a proper intake, but ill keep u in mind if ur looking for one.
presure2
i can make you a nice intake cameron, PM me.
mak5603
QUOTE (mgnt232 @ Sep 25, 2010 - 1:06 AM) *

Lucky...I've only seen like 5 other 6gcs period...let alone 3s swaps. My celi will be the first 6gc 3s swap I've seen. I mean of course I've seen 3s's in Mr2's and other alltracs/GT FOURs (including mine) but as far as 6gcs go, no love in the NW. frown.gif
jeffrosie
Love to see this all completed.
Put some pictures up - how the car is now and then the finished product.
wink.gif
DEATH
Nice start. Good choices on the parts.
Good luck man - keep us updated. biggrin.gif
Ted95
QUOTE (jeffrosie @ Sep 27, 2010 - 5:06 PM) *
Love to see this all completed.
Put some pictures up - how the car is now and then the finished product.
wink.gif

this is what she looks like right now.. ahh how things will change biggrin.gif

i also have SS-III replica splittters for it (already painted) and OEM side skirts that i bought off of dustin and stef. ill get pics later (skirts still need to b fitted and painted)

little update. water pump and timing belt is just about done, just need to put the tension peice back in place, then bundle it back up, throw the alternator and a/c pump back on and will be a few steps closer to the ultimate goal!
jeffrosie
Nice lookin car smile.gif
95celicastLSR
wow nice color we have the exact same coupe / color.... good luck man
Ted95
QUOTE (95celicastLSR @ Sep 29, 2010 - 11:18 PM) *

yes and no lol. my car was the same color as yours when i got it, but bc the clear coat was pealing on the hood/roof/trunk, i repainted it a mustang charcole color. so it is but it isnt haha

btw i like the rims on ur coupe .. im lookin to get some bbs's in the future probably.
Ted95
so today my IC piping finally came in, im pretty happy about that. i ordered two 2.5" IC piping kits that way i kno i have plenty lol theres more then enough to get the job done, in total i have 4x180* bends 4x90*bends 4x45*bends and 4xstraight pipe. its plenty, i just didnt want to not have enough lol.

as for the motor itself, havent had time to go out the garage and work on it, so much hw from school and work gets in the way too lol. ill keep u guys updated as things come.
spolski07
Are the skirts u bought from dustin red?
Batman722
QUOTE (spolski07 @ Oct 1, 2010 - 9:12 PM) *

nope, the red ones are on my Beams, he bought a set of green ones I picked up a while back smile.gif
Ted95
QUOTE (Batman722 @ Oct 1, 2010 - 9:33 PM) *
QUOTE (spolski07 @ Oct 1, 2010 - 9:12 PM) *

nope, the red ones are on my Beams, he bought a set of green ones I picked up a while back smile.gif

^what he said lol
spolski07
Glad to know a part of my celica lives on!
95celicastLSR
QUOTE (Ted95 @ Sep 30, 2010 - 2:08 PM) *

yes and no lol. my car was the same color as yours when i got it, but bc the clear coat was pealing on the hood/roof/trunk, i repainted it a mustang charcole color. so it is but it isnt haha

btw i like the rims on ur coupe .. im lookin to get some bbs's in the future probably.

ha i see... mine is started that getting to the point of needed repainted now.. but thnkx on the rims i paid 100.. for them from a friend who was in need of cash..(steal)..... i was looking into new ones next year... was thinking the bronze dr-19 from drag 17"
Ted95
QUOTE (95celicastLSR @ Oct 3, 2010 - 9:54 PM) *
QUOTE (Ted95 @ Sep 30, 2010 - 2:08 PM) *

ha i see... mine is started that getting to the point of needed repainted now.. but thnkx on the rims i paid 100.. for them from a friend who was in need of cash..(steal)..... i was looking into new ones next year... was thinking the bronze dr-19 from drag 17"

sweet pick up dude.

small but big update for me, i finally got around to finish the timing belt and water pump, i installed the alternator and a/c pump back on as well. things r goin a lil slow for me right now, been really busy with school and work and finding time AND MONEY is tough lol.

but however.. only one more big part to get! my clutch! lol and a couple small things but no worries.. ill update u guys next chance i get. thanks for the comments!
SwissFerdi
Good luck.
Ted95
hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates, the project is on a lil bit of a hold right now until i get money for my clutch and some other little things.
only update i really have is i recieved my DCW single gauge pod the other day and it looks soo cool in person and resting on the dash lol cant wait to get that on with the boost gauge.
Ted95
JUST ordered my stage 4 clutch from tweak! almost ready!
Ted95
alrighttt so heres whats going on with the swap. the clutch came friday, but no one was home to recieve it there for it is supposed to come today, hopefully.

i finished fixing the crack in the oil pan, i used JB weld and im making a brace for the back side of the pan and will provide support for the crack when i bolt the tranny up.

so this week im going to put the flywheel and clutch on and get some oil and a filter and i think.. i think ill be ready to start the swap, gotta make a set date with some people so we can start the swap. a few weeks we will get this show on the roaddd, cant wait!
Ted95
so today my clutch came in from Tweak, verrry excited for that! tomorrow im going to go out to the garage and make some plugs for some of the lines that i have open and do another recheck of the motor. should be swapping very soon.

but today i have some pics of some parts i have and that are goin on the car biggrin.gif

first Tweaks Stage 4 Competition Clutch

i ordered 2 IC piping kits from ebay

Then i ordered some 3inch 304 stainless piping from Jegs

two 45* bends

and one 4' 3inch 304 stainless pipe

i also picked up a 3in electric cutout off of a friend and 3in flexpipe that i will cut off his old dp setup (this was on a Spec'V that he turbo'd

i got a great deal on my Devils Own kit off of a member on the site brand new still in the box!

my HKS SSQV BOV

and my ProSport Premium Boost gauage

its getting really close and i cant wait!
Johnnyny
Black ssqv looks good
Ted95
QUOTE (Johnnyny @ Nov 16, 2010 - 4:22 AM) *
Black ssqv looks good

ya i kno man look BA !
Ted95
so yesterday i went out to the garage and finished smoothing out hte JB that i used to fixed the crack, still looks a lil rough in spots but its not bad ill touch them up this week. then i also reinstalled the Flywheel.

i also looped the water bypass line to the water neck since i eliminated some of the lines of the manifold

presure2
looks good, mang.
you used loctite on those flywheel bolts, right??? wink.gif
Ted95
QUOTE (presure2 @ Nov 17, 2010 - 5:11 PM) *
looks good, mang.
you used loctite on those flywheel bolts, right??? wink.gif

Thanks Manny!

Not yet, it just figner tight on there needed to check the clearence from the repair.
SupraKid
Looks awesome Cameron!!Cant wait for some pics of this beast in the bay!!
Ted95
QUOTE (SupraKid @ Nov 17, 2010 - 7:59 PM) *
Looks awesome Cameron!!Cant wait for some pics of this beast in the bay!!

Thanks dude, trust me i cant wait either! i just wish it was the spring and not winter so when its in i can actually play with it! hopefully New England wont b to hard on us this winter rolleyes.gif
Ted95
So this weekend i stopped by a few junkyards in the area and came home with these guyss

finally found a nice set of GTS wheels with basically Brand New Toyo Proxes4 on them, got them for a good price.

going to to take the off in a few days and put the stock GT wheels back on for the winter and clean up the 7th gens and throw some paint at them and have them look sexy for the spring.

goin back to the yard this week to look for a few more gooides wink.gif
presure2
looks good cam!
Ted95
hey guys, havent updated in a bit, waiting on founds to come in esp after the holidays. but heres a lil update..

i ordered some hood struts, most likely to make it look a littlebetter. also modded the 2nd gen o2 sensor i picked up from Twosrus and bolted her up and plugged her in. that awful crack i made lol well i finally did the final touches to it to make it cleaner and bought some bolts for the saftey bracket i will make up support the back side upper oil pan incase (god forbid) it ever cracked again.

im also in the process of ordering and finding parts to convert my coupe from ABS to non-ABS to make room for my Devils Own water/meth injection kit. (plus the ABS didnt work anyway lol)

i also ordered a couple exhaust flanges for my b-pipe, just need one more, prob order them tomorrow after i get my check.

oh, and i have just about everything i need for my battery relocation kit. the big push will be coming soon i hope. its been a little wait but its going to be worth it to get everything done right the first time.

ill try and get some pics tomorrow of some of the stuff.
Ted95
hey guys i need an opinion on something, since im going to be upgrading in power soon as the SNOW leaves!!! ... im in need of new brakes and rotors.

i wanted to get some slotted rotors and better brake pads, any suggestions?

or maybe just better braking system in general, (non-abs if that matters)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.