Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mak5603's Project
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > My Project
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
mak5603
I've always wanted to make a progression thread, just can never find the time to, and the more i modify my Celica, the more I wish I had one. So I decided before it gets too late or I lose all my pictures, I will post one now, right before I swap my motor. A little background info, my name is Matt, I'm 21 and my 1995 Celica GT was my first car. I've always been into cars and modified cars so as soon as I got it, there were lots of things I had planned for it. However, still being a kid had no money to fund any big projects, until I got a job...Here are some pictures of my cars evolution to the point where its as now. Enjoy smile.gif I will try and keep this as updated as I can from now on.

Here's where I started...

Just a stock black celi...

Wanted to do things, but had no money, so I painted my stock GT wheels red.

First performance mod was a v2 TRD Quick Shift Kit, was VERY happy with it, bought some GT4 spoiler blocks, while in the paint process, tried spoilerless, not my thing.

Painted my blocks myself, put em on.

If you ever are wondering USDM tail light or JDM taillight? JDM ALL THE WAY!

My winter set of wheels are those stock GT ones.
Basically, I fell in love with OEM JDM from there on, and the real transformation started. I fell in love with GT4's, learned A LOT about them, and ended up purchasing a project car (ST-165) so funds halted on the 6gc frown.gif

Winter time came and my birthday is 4 days after xmas so I got a decent chunk of cash and help getting this.

As you can see, it needed A LOT of work, but I was 100% committed to doing all the work on it myself and getting it on my car. Bought so many parts for it, got really used to seeing this.

While the work was getting done on the 4 front end, got some new wheels.

HID's too.

Front end on! And some OEM '98 skirts!

Spacers!

Like I mentioned earlier, my car is waiting on the arrival of a 3rd gen 3S-GTE motor set from _Jim_. I am extremely excited to start the swap. These are not mounted yet, but here will be what my gauge setup will look like. I also purchased an Apexi AFC NEO to be put where the cigarette lighter currently is.

Thanks for looking. smile.gif
HectortheRican
Lovin' it. One question though. How come the ST205 bumper doesn't sit flush with the ST205 hood? Did you mold it that way?
mak5603
I dont have my hood latch extended right now, and I am using the rubber from the stock bumper, so...basically i could put washers under the bolts and not have the gap, but then I would not be able to open my hood. Its on my to do list but it works this way until I can weld an extra inch on the hood latch and I don't mind the look.
SwissFerdi
Holy schnitzel, nice project. Good job.
Johnnyny
liking the gauges
whatthe
Hey matt i like your interior guages alot. Its coming along great, and the st165 is beatuiful! And i love the start of how many progress threads im seeing now in General Chat.
96stgreendemon
car looks freaking awesome keep up the good work
mak5603
Thanks guys. smile.gif Trying to get some stuff done for the local Toyota owner's festival, so hopefully I will have some updated pictures pretty soon.
mak5603
Finally got around to painting my calipers red today.
jcbass7
I love the look of your car from the rear. The Black, TRD badge, and tails look great.
HectortheRican
Btw, I loved your USDM vs JDM tail picture. TOTALLY helps me explain to people what I'm trying to do! lol
mak5603
QUOTE (HectortheRican @ Sep 14, 2010 - 10:30 PM) *
Btw, I loved your USDM vs JDM tail picture. TOTALLY helps me explain to people what I'm trying to do! lol

I used to love the USDM tail and not know if I wanted the JDM, but then I got all into being different and went JDM and when I was switching em, I put one in and got so excited I had to take a picture to show to everyone who wanted to know which ones looked better, which ones in fact looked better. Glad it helped out smile.gif
mak5603
Here's the painted calipers. Quick morning cell phone shots but you get the idea.

Also bought another piece for my turbo setup last night. The list keeps growing. smile.gif
HectortheRican
The red on the calipers looks lovely with the red on the wheels.
rave2n
loving the progress, and another beautiful black cellie
sunwukongg
what springs are you lowered on?
mak5603
QUOTE (sunwukongg @ Sep 15, 2010 - 9:29 PM) *
what springs are you lowered on?

Tenzos
richee3
Good stuff thumbsup.gif
mak5603
Got a couple more weekends until the big local Totoya owners meet, so here are my plans for this week.
-20% Tint
-Couple low key decals (on the skirts)
-Clean, Clean, Clean

Probably more, just don't want to overwelm myself with college starting back up tomorow. I'll keep you guys updated.
mak5603
Car got hit while parked today, minor damage but its to the GT4 bumper and only ONE WEEK before the Puget Sound Toyota Owner's Festival frown.gif I sure hope i get it fixed quickly, I've been working so hard to get my car ready. frown.gif

HectortheRican
I'd be SO mad >:(
mak5603
QUOTE (HectortheRican @ Sep 26, 2010 - 10:53 PM) *
I'd be SO mad >:(

I wasn't by any means happy..haha. I wouldn't have been so upset if it wasn't ONE WEEK before the huge Toyota show that I'm going to. Was already scrambling to finish other things, now I have to get this all ready too. Oh well, here's the progress so far..

mak5603
Put my car back together and got a new camera, so been playin around. Lemme know what ya think.

mak5603
freddy121389
why does your hood and bumper not line up?
whatthe
QUOTE (freddy121389 @ Oct 3, 2010 - 2:47 PM) *

Exactly my question.
sunwukongg
QUOTE (whatthe @ Oct 2, 2010 - 11:11 PM) *

Exactly my question.

QUOTE (mak5603 @ Sep 13, 2010 - 7:32 PM) *
I dont have my hood latch extended right now, and I am using the rubber from the stock bumper, so...basically i could put washers under the bolts and not have the gap, but then I would not be able to open my hood. Its on my to do list but it works this way until I can weld an extra inch on the hood latch and I don't mind the look.

HectortheRican
I asked him earlier in the thread. His hood latch isn't extended.
sunwukongg
QUOTE (HectortheRican @ Oct 2, 2010 - 11:26 PM) *

lol i kinda...just said that...i posted his response to you before you posted haha.
HectortheRican
QUOTE (sunwukongg @ Oct 2, 2010 - 10:28 PM) *
QUOTE (HectortheRican @ Oct 2, 2010 - 11:26 PM) *

lol i kinda...just said that...i posted his response to you before you posted haha.

LOL I saw it at the bottom and didn't really bother reading it because I thought it was a sig. My bad bro haha
whatthe
You have quite the eye catching dent on your hood above your driver side high beam
mak5603
QUOTE (whatthe @ Oct 3, 2010 - 12:11 AM) *

Exactly my question.

LOL, this is all anyone cares about my car kindasad.gif ... Yeah, without the gap there is no way I could pop my hood, and considering I pop my hood basically daily, the gap is quite functional until i get my hood latch extended.

QUOTE (whatthe @ Oct 3, 2010 - 6:57 AM) *
You have quite the eye catching dent on your hood above your driver side high beam

Thanks dude!!! ...yeah I know, I got the hood in pretty beat up condition and did all the work on it myself and when I painted my bumper I wanted to paint my hood at the same time since it wasn't my garage so it got hurried through prep and painted and I missed a couple spots. However the cars getting repainted within the next year or so, so the dent will no longer be there then...

Anyone else got some more flaws they'd like to point out about my car??
SleekCelica
Everything looks good bro. I'm loving the wheels, and the way they match up with everything. It's a work in progress, and will only continue to get better wink.gif
HectortheRican
QUOTE (mak5603 @ Oct 3, 2010 - 8:41 AM) *
Anyone else got some more flaws they'd like to point out about my car??

Yeah. I'm not in it laugh.gif laugh.gif
mak5603
^^ hehe thankyou hector and sleek, finally some heartwarming compliments.
Puget Sound Toyota Owners Festival was yesterday. Had A LOT of fun seeing all the yota's. Also, I may have found someone to trade their clean Hachi Roku coupe for my alltrac smile.gif so we'll see.
HectortheRican
QUOTE (mak5603 @ Oct 4, 2010 - 11:07 AM) *
Also, I may have found someone to trade their clean Hachi Roku coupe for my alltrac smile.gif so we'll see.

I HATE YOU SO MUCH RIGHT NOW. lol
mak5603
QUOTE (HectortheRican @ Oct 4, 2010 - 12:13 PM) *
QUOTE (mak5603 @ Oct 4, 2010 - 11:07 AM) *
Also, I may have found someone to trade their clean Hachi Roku coupe for my alltrac smile.gif so we'll see.

I HATE YOU SO MUCH RIGHT NOW. lol

The more I think about the trade, the better it sounds for both parties...He wants something else, something faster, I want something I can do stuff with (drifting) and something aside from AWD turbo which I will have enough of..Also his car is clean, my alltrac is cleanish but not as clean as I wish it were. Here's the AE I'm talkin about

By no means is this for sure or anything, I just talked to his friend, but I will be talking to him as soon as he gets back from vacation in mexico. My stepdad used to have an AE and despite its extreme slowness, it was a lot of fun to drive..one way or another I will prbably have one within a year or so. My plans are just coils, flushness, and 4AGZE. As my alltrac is, it will just be my project project car..since the 6gc is always the #1 project tongue.gif
HectortheRican
I would definitely switch out the rims to Watanabes. And dude, an AE86 is my dream car. My dad has had his '85 AE86 since '87 so I've known it all my life. It's so much fun to drive!! Hopefully his gets passed down >:D if not... he's got a spare 4AGE block and head I could I always get creative with.. lol
mak5603
Yeah, those rims aren't my personal pref. But unlike the celica, the ae86 has some aftermarket support / there are A TON in my area and therefore lots of people open to trading and selling items on craigslist. The AE86 is definetly a great car for what it is and for its time. When I was like 14 my stepdad bought one at auction for $100. We fixed it up and he drove it for a couple years before selling it for like 20 times what he paid...haha. Really fun cars, is your dad's a coupe or hatch? modded? pics?
HectortheRican

My dad's is a coupe. I prefer hatchbacks though. Uhh, I don't have any of his car, but I have one of how it looks EXACTLY. Except my dad's rims are the stock ones.

jcbass7
QUOTE (mak5603 @ Oct 2, 2010 - 10:52 PM) *

just made this my background... nice shot

What part of Seattle are you in? I was on a Coast Guard boat out of Seattle this Summer. Caught a couple ball games and enjoyed plenty of Pyramid Hefenwiezen
Hazmat
QUOTE (mak5603 @ Oct 2, 2010 - 9:52 PM) *

Amazing shot man! I admire your car and progress smile.gif
mak5603
QUOTE (jcbass7 @ Oct 4, 2010 - 8:24 PM) *
just made this my background... nice shot

What part of Seattle are you in? I was on a Coast Guard boat out of Seattle this Summer. Caught a couple ball games and enjoyed plenty of Pyramid Hefenwiezen

Thanks man biggrin.gif

I'm actually in Everett, not sure if you know where that is? Its about 25ish minutes north of Seattle. How did you like the seattle stadiums? not too bad, and yes, good ole' Pyramid. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Hazmat @ Oct 5, 2010 - 2:21 AM) *
Amazing shot man! I admire your car and progress smile.gif

Thanks man! Truly does keep me motivated. smile.gif
mak5603
Went to the 2011 Scion TC release / custom car show the other day.

Here's my car with some Lambos.

And one with my buddies GSR civic on the way out.

mak5603
Couple more from the show. I was parked with all the IS300s. smile.gif

jcbass7
Looking good, your car is still the background on my computer. You planning on Projectors? They would make that top photo look sickk.
mak5603
QUOTE (jcbass7 @ Oct 19, 2010 - 8:52 PM) *
Looking good, your car is still the background on my computer. You planning on Projectors? They would make that top photo look sickk.

Thanks! And yes I really really want projectors to finish off the front end. My super sweet girlfriend told me she would get me some this winter as my birthday is 4 days after Christmas. biggrin.gif
Johnnyny
nice birthday present !
epocsirhc
Your car reminds me ALOT of Johnneh's before he sold it. I like what you are doing with it, and what you have planned!
mak5603
Picked up a new steering wheel yesterday (Momo Thunder), will post some pics up later. OT, but I also got a new APR Cold Air Intake for the Audi. smile.gif

Also, some other secret goodies came in for my swap. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.