Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blown midpipe gasket
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
96stgreendemon
So the other day my car starts to sound like there is a slight vibration in the midpipe, that slight vibration turns out to be a blown out exhaust gasket between the midpipe and the header, did i mention no stores around here carry gaskets for the aftermarket header? so my question is, can i use high temp silicone to fix this? says its good to 650 degrees so can i use this to replace the blown out one?
cyberblader1130
QUOTE (96stgreendemon @ Sep 14, 2010 - 2:58 PM) *
So the other day my car starts to sound like there is a slight vibration in the midpipe, that slight vibration turns out to be a blown out exhaust gasket between the midpipe and the header, did i mention no stores around here carry gaskets for the aftermarket header? so my question is, can i use high temp silicone to fix this? says its good to 650 degrees so can i use this to replace the blown out one?
You can use that for a temp fix but if you can't find a gasket i would suggest using Permatex muffler and tailpipe sealer. You should be able to find it at any local auto store. I use without a gasket and i haven't had a leak yet. Although it is a little messy, and sometimes difficult to clean. It gets the job done and is supposed to be resistant up to 2000 deg. Good luck!
96stgreendemon
Wow this worked for about a day....
njccmd2002
those gaskets should be available in you local stores by mail order...
96stgreendemon
Finally found the gasket today, well similar had to modify it a little but it works now, found it at an exhaust shop
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.