Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: got a question between 3s and 5s turbo
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
x_itchy_b_x
i read that the 3sgte is only using 6 pounds of boost on a 2.0 to make 225 Horse. on the second gen. well if i ran 7-8 pounds on my 5s wouldnt that make about the same power if not more. A 3rd gen 3s swap is out of the picture people cant handle the 2nd gen never mind wiring for the 3rd. so i could easly make the same power from a 5s with an intercooled ct26 running. well if we would be making the same power why are more poeple saying spend 3k+ and do a swap that takes loads of work. when u can slap a trubo on? im talking about the 2nd gen 3sgte when other guys are like "the 3sgte makes 255 horse swap that in its cheaper and more power" the 3rd gen motor is so expensive and is alot more complicated?
so would they be equal? thats my question. thanx
Supersprynt
3SGTE uses 8 - 8.5lbs of boost. It may run you cheaper if you buy a CT26 turbo and stuff but you must realize a 5s isnt internally built to hand a turbo. An engine runs ALOT hotter when you have turbo and therefore stuff runs harder. If you were to replace the internals then you would be better off.

Also, compression has alot to do with it also. I'm not sure of the figures, but i think the compression is lower on the 3s.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.