Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch Thrust Bearing
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Addman1988
my thrust Bearing is making a grinding noise, i have had a thrust bearing go in a previous car so i know the sound, i have seen that the replacement bearing can be got form Fensport for £40 ish but i would like to know how much the labour costs are likely to be?

Cheers in advance
95CelicaST
Labor isn't something we can guess for you. You'll probably want to replace your clutch while you're in there.
mgnt232
Yeah labor costs are different everywhere, and vary from shop to shop.
You may as well as said before replace the clutch, resurface the flywheel while your in there.
When I got my car i was looking for prices on labor for replacing my clutch. I got quotes from like 600-1000 for labor, so I just jumped into the project for a few days and did it myself smile.gif
Addman1988
i understand that i just needed a ballpark figure as i have no idea how many hours it will take to do the work. when the bearing went in my last car i did change the clutch but i don't want to replace the clutch in this as it had a fast road/race clutch installed less than 2000 miles ago frown.gif but i do plan in installing an aluminium flywheel in the process.
Smaay
its a 6 hour job for a good mechanic, so whatever regular shop rate is X6
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.