Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3rd Cylinder Misfiring
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
DatDudeDEnd
Hey guys I took my 97 celica st 7AFE to the smog check station and everything was good but they they detected the #rd cylinder misfiring, and enigne check is on. I left it yesterday at the mechanic, bought spark plugs, spark plug wires, did a full tune up. Is this really bad?
presure2
do you still have the problem after you did the tune up?
DatDudeDEnd
did the tune up 5 months ago but only put like 10 miles on it during all this time lol.. wat i didnt change is the spark plug wires i did change the spark plugs but am changing those too regardless. The mechanic said he was going to check the pressure on the cylinders etc something like that and some other stuff. Hopefully its not a big issue frown.gif
presure2
i would do the wires, and reset the ECU by pulling the EFI fuse in your engine bay fuse box for 10 seconds before trying anything else.
D-Man
I'd also like to add that you may check the SP wires order from your dist. cap to your cylinders. They may be pluged wrong.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.