Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: over heating please help.
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
4-eyed-freek
hey everyone i just did a throtal body coolant bypass last night and lost a bit of coolant while doing it. i know low coolant can cause the car to over heat but what i accelerate the temp guage goes up and while im at a stop light. when im going along it stays where it should be, could there be a big air bubble in the system? and if so does anyone know how to get it out without draining the coolant.

95CelicaST
Burp the cooling system.
4-eyed-freek
let it cool and open the radiator cap? my car doesnt have the overflow tank. i know some 6gc have one but mine doesnt.
presure2
let the car cool off.
open the cap.
turn the heat on high.
start the car, add coolant as needed till full as the car comes up to temp.
4-eyed-freek
cool i will do that when it cools down, thankyou!
azian_advanced
it also helps to raise the front end while you're topping it up.
MeMoe
QUOTE (4-eyed-freek @ Oct 23, 2010 - 3:44 PM) *
hey everyone i just did a throtal body coolant bypass last night and lost a bit of coolant while doing it. i know low coolant can cause the car to over heat but what i accelerate the temp guage goes up and while im at a stop light. when im going along it stays where it should be, could there be a big air bubble in the system? and if so does anyone know how to get it out without draining the coolant.

Open your radiator cap, and fill up the coolant, turn your car on and then continue filling - you'll fill it to the top, then wait a few seconds it'll go down again, fill it to the top again - once it doesn't go down anymore turn off and close your cap.

Then there should be a plug on the lower backside of the radiator - loosen it a little until you see collant trickling out - wait until you see a steady stream coming out, close it back up and your all set.
4-eyed-freek
sweet i will try it! thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.