Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Synthetic Oils Integrity
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
RavenAegis45
I'm planning a road trip basically from Los Angeles California to Nashville Tennessee my question is the whole trip back and forth is a little under 4000 miles (each trip is roughly 1991 miles according to mapquest). My question is since im planning to change my oil not long before the trip would it be able to handle the stress of the whole trip there and back or should I look into changing it while over there? I understand highway miles are alot less stressful on oil than stop and go city traffic but its still a long trip. And I am taking care of other issues namely brakes, suspension and other fluids as well but the oil is my biggest concern
SupraKid
Mobile 1 im guessing/hoping?When change it b4 you leave i recommend putting in a new mobile 1 oil filter as well. I would say check it every 500-1000 miles for level and color,if it starts to turn black within 2-3k miles id replace it..It SHOULD be fine for 4k as long as its not burning or leaking. Then when you get back replace it once again.
RavenAegis45
QUOTE (SupraKid @ Oct 27, 2010 - 3:45 PM) *
Mobile 1 im guessing/hoping?When change it b4 you leave i recommend putting in a new mobile 1 oil filter as well. I would say check it every 500-1000 miles for level and color,if it starts to turn black within 2-3k miles id replace it..It SHOULD be fine for 4k as long as its not burning or leaking. Then when you get back replace it once again.

Awesome thanks for the tip, I was thinking of changing the filter also before I headed back, they never seem to last quite as long as the Synthetic oil and yeah Mobil1 is what I'm running
blu94gt
4,000 miles should be no worry, no matter what oil you put in it. The recommended change interval in the manual for our cars is 3,750 miles, an extra 250 miles isn't going to hurt anything, hell an extra 1,000 miles wouldn't really hurt anything unless you're doing some heavy performance driving or driving in extreme heat/cold.
Remy
Depending on what the temps will be running thicker oil is a good idea also get your battery and alternator checked out too don't forget the tire pressure and spare. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.