Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What kind of oil filter do you use?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Scosh
What kind of oil filter do you guys use? Im just asking out of curiosity.
presure2
toyota.
95CelicaST
X2 ^

/thread
4-eyed-freek
k&n when i have the money. otherwise toyota.
blu94gt
Used to only use Wix on all my cars. For the past year I've used the Wal-mart Supertech filters and they've actually been very good for the money.
Smaay
i only use the toyota OEM filters. ONLY im pretty sure that the 5S and 7A both use the YZZ-F2 with is the same filter for the 1ZZ-GE i use the YZZ-F1 filter for the 2ZZ-GE. Its just a little bit bigger.
Scosh
How much do the oem filters go for?
lagos
QUOTE (Scosh @ Nov 12, 2010 - 12:42 PM) *
How much do the oem filters go for?

About 5.50 at your local dealer. We sell them to you guys for 4.66 with your 6gc discont (for the 5sfe).
3WayStunna
I use TRD when im feelin froggy...
JDM_Rider
I use only OEM
Rusty
TRD always
HectortheRican
QUOTE (Rusty @ Nov 12, 2010 - 1:53 PM) *
TRD always

How much are the TRD ones and can we get them in the states?
Rusty
They make 3 filters... which fit pretty much all toyota engines

3S-GTE : 90915-SP010 2,500(JPY)

7A-FE, 5S-FE, 3S-GE: 90915-SP000 2,500(JPY)

TRD Oil Filters
HectortheRican
I'll have to order one for my next oil change. Even though it's my DD, something like that will be fine, right?
Rusty
couldn't see why not.
HectortheRican
Me either, just making sure tongue.gif

Could I order one from a dealer?
Rusty
I just checked your USDM TRD part numbers, they are different and yours are discontinued.

I dont really know what you can and can't get through your dealers, so might pay to ask around.
HectortheRican
QUOTE (Rusty @ Nov 12, 2010 - 1:28 PM) *
I just checked your USDM TRD part numbers, they are different and yours are discontinued.

I dont really know what you can and can't get through your dealers, so might pay to ask around.

Alright, thanks!
DGAF
I use Hastings filter with my oil change and have to say I have a lot of confidence in them.
lagos
QUOTE (HectortheRican @ Nov 12, 2010 - 2:16 PM) *
Me either, just making sure tongue.gif

Could I order one from a dealer?

Your best bet is to just buy an oem filter from your dealer. They will have it in stock and its a good quality filter.
The trd ones have to be special ordered and in some cases are discontinued. There is honestly nothing special about the trd ones that makes them worth the extra money besides just a TRD name.
TRDGT4
QUOTE (Rusty @ Nov 12, 2010 - 1:53 PM) *
TRD always

X2!!!! but you would've probably guessed that tongue.gif
fosbal
Purolator PureOne PL14476
96stgreendemon
Usually just use fram...... yeah im that guy
Arsaces
Whichever one is on sale at the local Advanced, Mobil1 last time. What is the difference going to be between a mobil1, fram, or oem filter?
HectortheRican
I'm using a Mobil 1 filter at the moment.
BonzaiCelica
QUOTE (HectortheRican @ Nov 18, 2010 - 8:24 PM) *
I'm using a Mobil 1 filter at the moment.

yes I used to use that on the celica its about $12 over here So Cal. Now I use toyota filters at half the cost only $6. I'll go back to mobile 1 maybe once I get a different more performance oriented engine
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.