Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: JDM 6th gen. special editions
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
saleeka
Does anyone know of any other JDM special editions that aren't in this list?

1.) 94 GT-Four WRC edition (anti lag pieces, etc.)

2.) 94 SS-I special edition (special green paint, 6-speaker stereo, etc.)

3.) 96 25th anniversary SS-III (momo wheel, orange gauge lights, etc.)

4.) 96 SS-I special edition (special blue paint, embroidered seats, etc.)
BonzaiCelica
96 25th anniversary SS-III (momo wheel, orange gauge lights, etc.)

what are you talking about the 25th anniversary is the ST Model in United States.
saleeka
JDM models only, not other markets
BonzaiCelica
no dude don't you get it. I'm telling you that there is no such thing as a 25th anniversary SS-III!!! which is what you put up there!

the SS-III is Japanese with Superstrut and 3sge Redtop engine

the 25th anniversary ST Celica is only in the U.S.
Rusty
I've heard of the WRC GT-Four, never heard or seen any of those others. I dont even think we (japanese) got the 6speaker system. The only other model apart from the GT-Four, I can think of is. The 94' SS-II superstrut with the E-56 transmission

(SS-II/III had the BEAMS redtop +97)
AMCMoe
Saleeka, did you get your info from the "Celica & Supra" book? Because according to the book, you are correct. There actually was a 25th Anniversary SS-III, of which only 1,000 were produced.

Read here on this page, first full paragraph-
http://books.google.com/books?id=HowgOYbbR...p;q&f=false
saleeka
/\ I've heard about that book before, but I actually got my info from home market brochures I have collected thru the years. After reading that preview page, there is at least one I missed, the 97 SS-I white edition, which I've never seen or heard of before. Thanks for the link!

I've been searching the net for a while trying to find some of the SS models, and finally found a 25th anniversary model:
SS-III 25th anniversary edition ( This one has the optional accessory front lip )

You can notice the momo wheel in this pic, as well as the orange needles for the gauges (at night the numerals are also lit in orange).
njccmd2002
that is a sweet book!
delusionz
QUOTE (saleeka @ Nov 30, 2010 - 3:00 AM) *

You can notice the momo wheel in this pic, as well as the orange needles for the gauges (at night the numerals are also lit in orange).

The steering wheel looks aftermarket and those gauges look standard but painted.
delusionz
The JDM models are

1994 GT4 ST205 WRC
1994-1998 GT4 ST205

1994-1998 SS-I
1995-1996 SS-I with 4WS (3s-fe power) --- EDIT: Forgot about this one
1996 SS-I special edition (25th anniversary)

1994-1997 SS-II
1994-1995 SS-II with superstrut suspension
1994,1996 SS-II convertible --- EDIT: white we're at it, and
1998 SS-II convertible (beams) --- EDIT: this too.
1998 SS-II (beams)

1996-1997 SS-III
1996 SS-III special edition (25th anniversary)
1998 SS-III (beams)
mr-celicaman
there was also the st203 4 wheel steering celica
taibones
QUOTE (mr-celicaman @ Jan 3, 2011 - 8:36 AM) *
there was also the st203 4 wheel steering celica

i do believe that the st203 are the gt-r celicas
so the SSI has a 3sfe and all wheel steering and the SSII has the 3sge is that right
delusionz
I forgot about those ones. the st203 is called SS-I 4WS, its got 3sfe. regular st202 SS-I doesnt have 4ws.
Rusty
The 'ST203 4WS' was never called/badge as a 'GT-R' that was only the ST183.
I wouldn't really call it a special edition either, if thats the case the ST202C (Convertible) would be classed as special edition. Although a ST202H is a different story wink.gif
(widebody edition, though I've only seen one and even then cannot confirm)

ST202 Momo Steering Wheel/red needles, (dealer option parts imo)

from the More Rare Dealer Option Parts
FORGMANN
There is also White Special edition 97

White (duh), side skirts,white 15" wheels(painted gt wheels) ,white dials ,1.8L

I have all the jdm brochures 94-99 and most of the special edition brochures i will try to
scan and post up one of these days
delusionz
I don't think there was a 1.8L 6th gen produced in Japan, Toyodiy makes no mention of such engine in any model year

you might be thinking of the UK SR model which is just a fancy of the US ST with 7A-FE.

There may possibly have been a 4S-FE 1.8L in 1994-1995 since pre-facelift SS-I's come with this sticker in the engine bay

In any case a 1.8L SS-I might be rare, but it certainly isnt special.
FORGMANN
opps old man forgot base model is 3sfe .

Here is white edition

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.