Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Air filter dry time
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
HectortheRican
I washed my Fujita air filter today. It's been hanging to dry indoors for about 10 hours, with a lamp shining on it for most of that time, and me rotating the filter in intervals. Think it's good to go?
njccmd2002
pinch it with a fork and see if it squeezes juice. Are u looking and medium rare or well done? laugh.gif laugh.gif

why not put it in the sun. i think it will be good.
Hanyo
since its winter it will take for ever to dry.

the best way to dry it is to put it somewhere warm.

If your desperate enough you can put a hair drier about a foot away and blow hot air at it.
HectortheRican
QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Dec 13, 2010 - 3:24 AM) *
pinch it with a fork and see if it squeezes juice. Are u looking and medium rare or well done? laugh.gif laugh.gif

Bahahaha laugh.gif

That lamp was pretty damn hot... all I had to do was barely touch it and it'd singe me. It's been about 18 hours now. And it's not like I live in a humid place, I live in Albuquerque, it's desert here.
azian_advanced
those filters should be good to go even when they're wet.
HectortheRican
That doesn't sound good...

And it's fully dried, I just re-installed it.
mkernz22
QUOTE (HectortheRican @ Dec 13, 2010 - 3:57 PM) *
That doesn't sound good...

And it's fully dried, I just re-installed it.

You didn't over dry it, did you?
blu94gt
QUOTE (azian_advanced @ Dec 13, 2010 - 10:46 AM) *
those filters should be good to go even when they're wet.

A wet filter isn't going to cause any problems. All the engine would do is suck a bit of water vapor for a minute and run just fine, no worse than a CAI getting rained on or something. The only time water is an issue is if the whole intake is under water, like in a flood.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.