Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whats good
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
eboz74
I've owned hondas all my life this is my first Celica and there is no going back

its still pretty much stock
i swapped the engine for another 2.2L (last had a bad rod knock)

Mods
-Exhaust
-Rims
-HID's
-Intake

I'm open to all ideas on makin this car even better
mkernz22
Welcome to the forum!

First, off what is you're range money wise for this car?
Also, you should get some bigger and wider rims, it makes the Celica's look pretty mean haha
eboz74
QUOTE (mkernz22 @ Dec 14, 2010 - 9:16 PM) *
Welcome to the forum!

First, off what is you're range money wise for this car?
Also, you should get some bigger and wider rims, it makes the Celica's look pretty mean haha

lol i'm splurging on this car so its limited to 10k (over time lol) but what sized rims you talkin
Johnnyny
curren tails are a must
eboz74
QUOTE (Johnnyny @ Dec 14, 2010 - 8:39 PM) *
curren tails are a must

what you mean
mkernz22
245/45/17 and then maybe some spacers to make it a little more flush.

As for suspension, there are Suspension Techniques (ST) Sway bars, about $300 for a set. There are others too, but that's the one I always here about.
Coilovers are between $700 and $1000 depending on the brand you get. The Megan Racing ones are about $850? I believe.

Engine Swap:

The most feasible ones for the GT are the 3SGTE or the 3SGE. If you're looking for a turbo setup, then go with the 3SGTE, preferably a 3rd Gen.
It'll cost a little over 2 grand just for the engine and depending how much you want to build it, it can easily run up to 10g's or more haha

That's just the basic stuff I know about. I'm still considered a noob cause I've only been on here for 7 months, but I know a decent amount and I'm still learning a lot more!
eboz74
QUOTE (mkernz22 @ Dec 14, 2010 - 8:42 PM) *

As for suspension, there are Suspension Techniques (ST) Sway bars, about $300 for a set. There are others too, but that's the one I always here about.
Coilovers are between $700 and $1000 depending on the brand you get. The Megan Racing ones are about $850? I believe.

Engine Swap:

The most feasible ones for the GT are the 3SGTE or the 3SGE. If you're looking for a turbo setup, then go with the 3SGTE, preferably a 3rd Gen.
It'll cost a little over 2 grand just for the engine and depending how much you want to build it, it can easily run up to 10g's or more haha

That's just the basic stuff I know about. I'm still considered a noob cause I've only been on here for 7 months, but I know a decent amount and I'm still learning a lot more!

i dont plan to make this a 400hp car lol but thanks that helps i was pricing some skunk 2 springs but which is preferred lowering springs or coilovers?
mkernz22
QUOTE (eboz74 @ Dec 14, 2010 - 8:44 PM) *
QUOTE (mkernz22 @ Dec 14, 2010 - 8:42 PM) *

Engine Swap:

i dont plan to make this a 400hp car lol but thanks that helps i was pricing some skunk 2 springs but which is preferred lowering springs or coilovers?

Coilovers are better on the suspension, plus you can adjust the camber on the so there isn't uneven wear on the tires
eboz74
okay thats a big help thanks
Johnnyny
Curren tailights

eboz74
sweet lol i cannot find tail lights anywhere for my car
whatthe
Nice old school rims, keep them! smile.gif
eboz74
QUOTE (whatthe @ Dec 14, 2010 - 9:52 PM) *
Nice old school rims, keep them! smile.gif

lol 1k with tires but i think wider tires would be a improvement
whatthe
how wide are your rims now?
eboz74
QUOTE (whatthe @ Dec 14, 2010 - 9:57 PM) *
how wide are your rims now?

my rim size are 15 but the tires are 185 60 R15
mkernz22
damn! 185? the stocks aren't that skinny! lol
eboz74
QUOTE (mkernz22 @ Dec 14, 2010 - 11:27 PM) *
damn! 185? the stocks aren't that skinny! lol

lol they came with the rims
mkernz22
Wow lol definitely look into getting some rims then haha
eboz74
but what size and what sized tires
mgnt232
How much time, is over time? lol Cause if you have a potential for spending 10k, save and swap in a 3rd gen 3sgte smile.gif (alot to read in the forums). Which would still leave you with a chunk of change depending on who does the work.
But otherwise, new rims IMO, not a big fan of those
Projectors
Curren tails
Side skirts, IMO the celi looks way better with any skirts because of its curvy body style
Spoiler like in the pics below, the higher ones dont look good on the verts IMO
Clear side markers/blinkers
5th gen mirrors
But thats just things I would do, ultimately its ur decision wink.gif
eboz74
QUOTE (mgnt232 @ Dec 15, 2010 - 12:45 AM) *
How much time, is over time? lol Cause if you have a potential for spending 10k, save and swap in a 3rd gen 3sgte smile.gif (alot to read in the forums). Which would still leave you with a chunk of change depending on who does the work.
But otherwise, new rims IMO, not a big fan of those
Projectors
Curren tails
Side skirts, IMO the celi looks way better with any skirts because of its curvy body style
Spoiler like in the pics below, the higher ones dont look good on the verts IMO
Clear side markers/blinkers
5th gen mirrors
But thats just things I would do, ultimately its ur decision wink.gif

lol im a fan of the curren lights (i just seen em lol) but which spoiler because i have been looking into the supra style
eboz74
does anyone have a good link to some decent tail lights?
mgnt232
Best bet, and for something reasonably priced, post in the Buying forum for things you want, people have all sorts of things you wouldnt expect on hand
And the spoiler I said was the small stock one, just cause i think it looks better for verts for some reason. but if you like the supra style go for that, its ur car, make ur decisions on what you like smile.gif
whatthe
Trd spoiler. Do it.
SupraKid
I have a TRD for sale for you car, it looks like this:

175$ plus shipping as it needs a bit of work.

The 3sgte is a 4 cylinder Turbo engine that produces roughly 260 hp and was offered stock in the gt-4(awd 6gcs not offered in the usdm market) and usually comes out to be over 300whp with little money and mods(front mount inter cooler,exhaust,intake, up the boost,ect). The swap can run from 2 grand up until roughly 20 depending how you build it. Its a basic swap for the GT trim as you keep your stock tranny(unless your shooting for 350hp+) and use the stock mounts.

Just take some time and read through the stickies and various threads on this site. I recommend reading through Defgephs 3sgte swap how-to, and presure2s 5sfte build thread They are both great threads PACKED full of info on swapping in a 3sgte, or turbocharging your current 5sfe.
Good luck and welcome to the site. thumbsup.gif
eboz74
isnt the 3sgte a direct fit for a 5sfe?
SupraKid
Yes, you have to change the wiring a bit but its i think like 3 wires you have to splice.But you still have to get a new exhaust,and mount an intercooler(unless you go top mount).
eboz74
that would add a nice lil kick to it lol but ill definately keep that in mind is there any other good motors that drop in as a direct fit
eboz74
okay and one more dumb question lol do headers make that big of a difference because some people say they do and some say they don't i just wanna know so i know where to put them on my priority list

okay and one more dumb question lol do headers make that big of a difference because some people say they do and some say they don't i just wanna know so i know where to put them on my priority list
SupraKid
You can feel a slight difference...but not much. If your planning to keep your 5sfe id get them, if not put that money towards a 3sgte or turbo setup for the 5sfe
mkernz22
if you're going to get a 3sgte, dont waste your time and money on upgrading the 5sfe smile.gif
Ted95
first off welcome to the forum, and i knew it was a honda kid by "whats good" lol dw i say it too. toyota parts can be tricky to find and get lol. its not like a honda where you can pick up anything anywhere and add power lol. if you wanna play you def have to pay in this world lol.

i am doing a 3sgte swap right now and its going in next month biggrin.gif
my thread..
http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=75890

a better one is..
http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=73105

this so far with motor is costin my roughly 5500ishhh but a got a good deal on the motor.

you can alsoo do a 3sge Beams VVT-i motor which is basically equivalent to a GSR. 200bhp 2.0 all motor. that whole swap will prob cost you around 3k-ish maybe a lil more. how ever ppl tend to say they get sick of the power and want moreee!

now you may say well then just throw a turbo at it and turn it into a 3sgte. no not possible with out doin some major things. the compression on the motor is to high for boost and wont work unless you put 3sgte pistons and head, pointless. the motor is like a GSR with the difference that you cant boost it like ppl boost GSR even the GSR high compression. lol

curren tails are a lil pricey and lil tough to find if you dont kno where to look.
sideskirts, well you have a vert and regular OEM sides dont fit right up with out a lil customm work. theres a thread somewhere in here on it.

good luck with the car! and def look into that TRD wing!
eboz74
yea i'm still debating on which motor i want to go with the 5sfe i have now was put in in August so its still a little "new" but i think ill experiment with it and make the swap once i feel the need for more power lol
eboz74
but its just funny how everyone is saying to make the swap like its an ominous sign lol
Euphoria
Welcome to the forum! Bigger rims could be good, mind you even the stock 15's offer as good grip (and look) with a 205 tyre as 17s would with a 225, unless you spent alot and got light weight 17's.
mkernz22
you always have the need for more power laugh.gif
eboz74
QUOTE (Euphoria @ Dec 17, 2010 - 1:25 PM) *
Welcome to the forum! Bigger rims could be good, mind you even the stock 15's offer as good grip (and look) with a 205 tyre as 17s would with a 225, unless you spent alot and got light weight 17's.

My stocks are in great condition

QUOTE (mkernz22 @ Dec 17, 2010 - 1:34 PM) *
you always have the need for more power laugh.gif

lol you're right but the 5sfe has "potential"
mak5603
5sfe has potential if YOU have LOTS of money to feed it, haha.

Swap has more potential though. tongue.gif
mkernz22
3rd gen 3sgte can reach over 1000hp if you build it right wink.gif

realstreetperformance.com gives you a decent amount of the internals for building a 3s
eboz74
whats a good site to shop for motors because my last 2 were bought from tigerjapanese.com
mkernz22
I never knew about that site, but they have some on there!
eboz74
QUOTE (mkernz22 @ Dec 17, 2010 - 2:41 PM) *
I never knew about that site, but they have some on there!

they have great motors and good quality at that and the prices aren't bad biggrin.gif
mak5603
QUOTE (eboz74 @ Dec 17, 2010 - 2:39 PM) *
whats a good site to shop for motors because my last 2 were bought from tigerjapanese.com

There are a few. I will let some other members shed light on where they got their motors before I open my mouth, but I will say I looked at the site you linked awhile back when sourcing my motor and I thought they were a bit expensive?

Well I guess here's a couple:

Osaka
JDM Engine Depot
RPM Garage
Sunrise JDM Motors
eboz74
i'll be sure to check those out with income tax season coming up that'll be my motor money

eboz74
where is the oil pressure sending unit
95CelicaST
Hey. Hey you. Honda kid.

Remember that search feature I told you about? It works, I promise. It won't bite if you click on it.

To answer your earlier questions, you probably won't be tracking a vert, so buy kyb gr2 shocks and a set of tein s-techs and be happy. Those, coupled with the ST sways (or just a rear sway) will have you handling great for street use.

A member here, Rusty, spent a lot of his own time compiling all the info you need into the stickies at the top of each forum. These - used in conjunction with the search feature (remember that search feature I spoke of earlier?), will give you all of the information you need.
eboz74
QUOTE (95CelicaST @ Dec 17, 2010 - 4:10 PM) *
Hey. Hey you. Honda kid.

Remember that search feature I told you about? It works, I promise. It won't bite if you click on it.

To answer your earlier questions, you probably won't be tracking a vert, so buy kyb gr2 shocks and a set of tein s-techs and be happy. Those, coupled with the ST sways (or just a rear sway) will have you handling great for street use.

A member here, Rusty, spent a lot of his own time compiling all the info you need into the stickies at the top of each forum. These - used in conjunction with the search feature (remember that search feature I spoke of earlier?), will give you all of the information you need.

lol thanks man
SupraKid
QUOTE (95CelicaST @ Dec 17, 2010 - 1:10 PM) *
Hey. Hey you. Honda kid.

lulzlulzlulz

Is this car your daily driver?
eboz74
yea for now
eboz74
today i found out that i have a vacuum leak frown.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.